iPod Touch USB charge cable?
May 12, 2009 at 2:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kEn ViP

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I've just finished my first LOD cable and am thinking of making a LOD that can be charged using USB cable.

After searching for a while, I tried pin 13 and 26 with the 5+ VDC and Ground in the USB cable but unfortunately, it still doesn't charge my itouch G2.

I wonder if there's any way to make a USB charge cable for the iTouch. I've heard that I have to use some resistors but it'd be a mess for me.

I'd appreciate any input
tongue.gif

May 12, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #2 of 3
Try pin 23 for 5 VDC and any of pins 1, 2, 15, 16, 29 and 30 for ground. All those pins connect to the same ground despite what they say at Apple iPod and iPhone Dock Interfaces pinout and signals @ pinouts.ru. It's also possible you may have fried something by connecting 5V to pin 13. Also, didn't you have to use a resistor to get audio out from your iPod touch 2G? I don't know who is saying you need resistors for USB capability, but I've said before that I think the Apple USB cable has an accessory indicator in it. I've tried generic iPod USB cables for my iPhone 2G with my iPod-input car deck, but only the Apple-branded ones work. Either way, you shouldn't need any resistors for your USB cable. At least, I've never heard of any cases of people needing resistors for their iPod touch 2G with USB. Let us know how that works for you.

May 12, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #3 of 3
joneeboi,

No I don't use any resistor to get the lineout for my iTouch. It still works perfectly without any resistor. I think the resistor is only for getting rid of the accessory message on iPhone.

So basically, I only need 2 pins (1 for G, 1 for 5 VDC) to charge with the USB cable, right? Do I have to jumper any pin for the accessory indicator?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back