Ipod Touch Play Flac?
Jun 24, 2010 at 10:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

BaudlyDamage

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know of a way that i can make an ipod touch (preferably third gen) play flac?

Jun 24, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #2 of 16
There isn't a way yet. You could just convert the files to ALAC. To be honest though, it's kind of a waste. There's not much difference between lossless and mp3 320/V0 out of an iPod unless it's an iMod and/or it's amped.

Jun 24, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #6 of 16
Just convert to Apple Looseless, the quality won't change much at all. At the time itunes firmware does not support FLAC files for playback.

Jun 24, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #7 of 16
Because im trying to find a nice MID i can use as a player. The SmartQ V5 looks excelent but im not sure i need all three os's you know?

May 7, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #9 of 16
There are apps that enable FLAC on an ipod touch, just go to itunes and search  `Flac Player` there are several there.

**An excellent convertor FLAC to WMV is XLD convertor. drag and drop, very simple.

May 7, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #10 of 16
Converting FLAC to ALAC - I use dbpoweramp (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/) - it's got a great batch conversion utility.  The trial version has full functionality - then you lose a little functionality after it expires.  It's well worth buying full version though (only $38).

May 7, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #12 of 16
Use XLD if you're on the Mac. No loss of quality to go from FLAC to ALAC. Takes under 1min per album on my Macbook Pro...

Sep 1, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #13 of 16
I just find a step by step guide on how to play FLAC on iPod in lossless or lossy way

This guide applies to:

* Convert FLAC to Apple Lossless or AIFF to play lossless FLAC on iPod Touch, iPod Shuffle, iPod Nano, iPod Classic, iPod Mini, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad, iPad2, iTunes, Quicktime, iMovie, FCP, FCE.
    * Convert FLAC to MP3 to play FLAC on iPhone/iPad/iTunes/iPod/Quicktime/iMovie/FCP/FCE/Windows Media Player in lossy way.
    * Convert FLAC to other audio formats including lossy AC3, AU, M4A, MP2, OGG, RA, and WMA.

Sep 2, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #14 of 16
Wow.
There are just so many.
And a lot of those are open source, therefore free, or donation appreciated.

It all real depends on your preferences,
some of the ones I use are:
Audacity
FLAC2MAC
Sound Studio
Toolplayer
VOX
Xlossless encoder
and I am sure there are many others

I like to use VOX right now because I also use it on my Mac to directly run flac or any other lossless file in best fidelity and the other features it has
plus it does drag and drop folder conversions to my choice of type( i go to ALAC or m4a usually)
Plus it is a tiny program to run for a player.

Check them all out and chose the one that you like.

Hope this helps.

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #15 of 16
thanks for sharing, it is really helpful, but i wonder is there some flac player for ipod?

Quote:
I just find a step by step guide on how to play FLAC on iPod in lossless or lossy way

This guide applies to:

* Convert FLAC to Apple Lossless or AIFF to play lossless FLAC on iPod Touch, iPod Shuffle, iPod Nano, iPod Classic, iPod Mini, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad, iPad2, iTunes, Quicktime, iMovie, FCP, FCE.
    * Convert FLAC to MP3 to play FLAC on iPhone/iPad/iTunes/iPod/Quicktime/iMovie/FCP/FCE/Windows Media Player in lossy way.
    * Convert FLAC to other audio formats including lossy AC3, AU, M4A, MP2, OGG, RA, and WMA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back