Ipod Touch LOD vs Galaxy player?
Aug 18, 2012 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

lostmage

100+ Head-Fier
I'm probably going to sell my Ipod Touch and pick up a Samsung Galaxy Player to replace it. I'd like to have the flash support, micro SD card, and android OS over the Ipod features. There's 1 problem that I can see though. I have an LOD cable for my Ipod Touch, which runs to a Fiio E6 amp, but with the Galaxy player, I can't use an LOD cable, so I would have to run it straight off the headphone jack, or double amp it through the E6 and jack. 

Will there be a big sound difference between the 2 if I can't use that LOD cable? And would it be alright to run the Galaxy's headphone output into the E6 input? I'm also open to other alternatives to the Galaxy player, but it has to at least compete with the Touch in that it has Wi-fi and can be used for the internet. Android would be a huge plus too for the app store.

Feb 6, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #3 of 3
With that criteria, I'd sooner go for the new Sony Z series or Cowon. Just be warned that the Cowon players can't access the app store. Would not sell an iPod Touch for a Galaxy Player, since the Galaxy Player is pretty meh in terms of Android capability. Runs the old 2.3 and doesn't have that good of a CPU for apps. Sound is also inferior to Sony Z and Cowon. Sold my Zune HD for a Galaxy Player 5.0 and regretting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back