iPod Touch / iPhone External Control
Nov 17, 2011 at 11:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Torontoraccoon

100+ Head-Fier

Hello Head-fiers

Im not sure if this was covered or not, maybe my search skills are slacking, as always... BUT!

I had a friend who noticed me having to turn on my iPod to change song during shuffle mode a few times, and since I am using an amplifier with LOD - my volume buttons are useless.

He showed his iPod and said that he does not use an amp, but still made it so that when you touch the volume up button it goes to the next track, and when you hit the lower volume button it goes to the previous. 

If you tap any button fast twice it pauses the song. In fact, even if you still need volume control you can set up a delay (you will need to hold the button for a small duration of time to make the track change, so pressing the button rapidly would change the volume).

Unfortunately (or maybe not) you need to "Jailbreak" the i-device, but as he did it to my iPod even on the new 5.0.1 it took no longer than 10 minutes.

The App is called "External iPod Controls" and is free - totally a game changer, I could not dream of something like this. It is just so frustrating to have to power the damn thing on, slide the button and than only to change the track.

Maybe this will save someone as it did save me!

Nov 18, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #2 of 2
You do indeed need to jailbreak your device for this. I didn't know they got around to making an app for that, but there was a mod floating around about two years ago that allowed this to work on jailbroken devices. Nice to see that they've cleaned it up and made it a much easier process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back