iPod Touch/iPhone as a remote for Foobar?
Mar 20, 2010 at 9:53 AM Post #16 of 28
I'm amazed that this thread won't get any more attention. I know there's plenty of foobar2000 users in Head-Fi.

Mar 20, 2010 at 11:23 AM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamba315 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I put the foo_touchremote DLL into the components folder, installed Bonjour Service, and got Foobar to recognize my iPhone. This is sweet! Changing tracks and adjusting volume works, with almost no lag. Album art is working great too.

Only "problem" is that the Remote app doesn't do any sorting by artist, album, genre, etc. You go to your playlist (which is 1721 songs in my case) and scroll down to the artist/album you want. I expect this issue will be resolved in the future. Pretty minor considering how well everything else works.

Anybody else using this? There have been several updates in the past month since the last post was made here.

This issue has been fully resolved. I use the iPhone remote to control Foobar through foo_touchremote DLL and it fuly supports searching by genres, artists etc. in my entire music catalogue. This is how I operate my living room stereo. Highly recommended.

Mar 20, 2010 at 1:20 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This issue has been fully resolved. I use the iPhone remote to control Foobar through foo_touchremote DLL and it fuly supports searching by genres, artists etc. in my entire music catalogue. This is how I operate my living room stereo. Highly recommended.

And the search function works so quickly too!
I love this plugin, it's almost perfect. I actually sent a thanks email to the developer, and will Paypal them a donation at some stage.

Apr 4, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #19 of 28
Cool stuff!!! Anyone having trouble with the shuffle feature? It crashes the FB2K app for me.

Apr 6, 2010 at 9:27 AM Post #20 of 28
has anyone found a way to make it sort by last nae first? I have a script using ArtistSortOrder, but Remote doesn't seem to have access to the script (under 'Artist' in foobar).

Any ideas?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back