ipod touch hardware differances?
Jul 30, 2008 at 3:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

rei_yano

100+ Head-Fier
so back during the ipod video days (5g) the ipods with the smaller hdd had lesser ram then the ipods with the bigger hdd (might have been other differences too idk...). is this the same case with the ipod touch? does the 8gb one have less hardware power than the 32gb?? cuase if that is the case then I might as well get the 32gb one....
ksc75smile.gif
btw new smilies are awesome!

Jul 31, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #3 of 10
Hardware power and RAM? on the iPod Touch I think that its all the same, the only difference is the storage.

After seeing many pictures and having jailbroken mine, the ram is about...91 megs I think. its downstairs so I can't check right this moment.

Aug 1, 2008 at 12:30 PM Post #5 of 10
im not sure the ipod touch uses ram in the same way or anything at all. i think it just uses the flash directly. i am sure i am wrong but im not sure what you are unconvinced by. if you don't like it, get a p2 or psp or something like that.

you won't however get gapless playback with industry standard files nor apps other than homebrew. i love the touch. it compares very nicely with any other portable i have used and bests quite a few.

Aug 1, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #6 of 10
The Touch is brilliant. There's a lot to love about it and it also doubles as a basic personal organiser!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back