Ipod Touch Best Head/Ear Phones
Oct 14, 2009 at 4:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Karlos

Head-Fier
Hi all

Once again I visit the knowledge font of all things portable audio, and place another poser for you guys

My daughter has just bought a new ipod Touch 64 (I know I said get the S9 but they never listen
triportsad.gif
) and wants to add a pair of better than the bundled earphones for them.

The guys here helped me get a great pairing for my Sony so I said we should try here first.

Anyone with experience give her some pointers please

Oct 14, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #2 of 7
What's the budget? What's her favourite music? Has she ever had HP's or earphones that she liked?

Oct 14, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Fool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the budget? What's her favourite music? Has she ever had HP's or earphones that she liked?

Budget would be around £120

Music covers a wide spectrum really, she is as happy listening to my old Del Shannon tracks as she is with these modern crap or should that be rap techno dance thingies the kids all listen to

She likes the Denon AH C700s I use with my Sony, but she's not having them
biggrin.gif
and I'm not sure how the pair with the ipod anyway.

Thanks for your help

Oct 14, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karlos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Budget would be around £120

Music covers a wide spectrum really, she is as happy listening to my old Del Shannon tracks as she is with these modern crap or should that be rap techno dance thingies the kids all listen to

She likes the Denon AH C700s I use with my Sony, but she's not having them
biggrin.gif
and I'm not sure how the pair with the ipod anyway.

Thanks for your help

With such an ecclectic taste it's not easy to give sound advice. The Denon you have would be very suitable for her imo but I am also thinking at the Sennheiser IE6.

Oct 14, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #5 of 7
yea give her a pair of bassy phones. You probably were better suited posting this in portable headphones but I think if your looking at the IEMs, you should look at the dynamic driver ones if she listens to a lot of hip hop.

I don't know the prices but maybe look at sennheiser, denons, or maybe even atrios. I hear the Klipsch image s4's are pretty good and cheap but never tried them.

Oct 15, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #6 of 7
Thanks guys

We tried my Denons in the touch and I have to say I was impressed with the sound quality, if a little crashy its far from unpleasant or as bad as some reports I've read

I still prefer my Sony 818 and if it had twice the sorage capacity I'd never change it but it's full so looking at the X series or the S9

Thanks again. She's still not having my 700s

Oct 15, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #7 of 7
bump that budget up to some HD595's!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back