Ipod Touch and High Resolution Files Library: I need help...
Sep 23, 2017 at 7:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

djansia

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask you a question.
I use my Ipod Touch with some applications like Onkyo and Hiby Music to play high resolution music files (like Iso SACD, DSD, ecc.).
To copy them into the memory of the iPod Touch (sixth generation), I use the instructions that are common to all player applications, which is to copy them (using Itunes) into application's directories. The problem is that the various applications read and play only the files they find into their specific directories and do not share the same files with the others applications.
Just to explain, if I copy (always using itunes) U2's Achtung Baby album (in flac format) into Onkyo's directory, to play the same album with Hiby Music I have to copy it again in Hiby Music directory. This means a lot of waste of time, of course, but especially a lot of waste Ipod Touch's memory space.
Do you know if there is a system to avoid this? Is there a metod to share the same files between two or more applications player?
The only library that (at the moment) all applications see, share, and play is "Music" of Itunes, but not the other "extra" files.

Thanks to everyone, Andrea.

Oct 17, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #3 of 4
I have the same problem. As far as I know, there is no way round it. I think the only solution is to limit yourself to using one player and put all your folders in that player. I'm sure you have thought of this already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back