Ipod Touch 5th Generation or Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0
Nov 27, 2012 at 10:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Dogrom

New Head-Fier
I've been debating between the these two devices for quite a while now, and I haven't come to any conclusion.
I know the physical traits of each, but not the sonic differences.

I know that the Voodoo mod is supposed to increase sound quality in the SGP. How exactly does it do so?
I plan to flash Steves' kernel if I get an SGP.

What I'm looking for is the most clarity and best overall sound. If you could describe the two, I'd really appreciate it.

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #2 of 5
The SGP 4.2 are better sounding than iTouch with better quality and clarity in all frequencies response and they improve further with APPs like Neutron, Power AMPs. The iTouch is very crisp clear sounding DAPs but volume is low compared to new Nano and it has it own advantages like USB/lineout through dock port to improve further with DAC/AMPs help.

Nov 28, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #3 of 5
No difference between Touch and Nano that I can discern.

Nov 28, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #4 of 5
The iTouch is more detailed than Nano and also less dynamic than Nano with less punchy bass compared to Nano. So overall there are clear differences if you listen with highend IEMs and Nano has more volume output than iTouch but this canbe solve with APPs or in iTune to increase volume of all library to double.

Nov 28, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #5 of 5
I can't tell any difference between them, nor could I comparing them with the previous generation Touch and Nano.

None at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back