iPod Touch 5th Gen or Classic 160Gb
Jan 11, 2013 at 8:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

unwelcomeguest

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

My faithful old iPod Classic has seen a lot of use and seems to be on the way out, it is locking up and needing to be reset more and more often.

Like I said, I really do use it a lot, so I'd be reasonably happy to buy another one, after which I would also buy a portable headphone amp. Something like the iBasso T5, methinks.

My question is this: rather then a new Classic with a separate headphone amp, should I just put all my cash into a 64Gb iPod Touch 5th gen?

I already have a tablet and a smart phone, so this would purely be used as a music player. ie I'm not interested in movies, web browsing or games.

I record all my CDs down to iTunes as ALAC files, which is why I have enjoyed having a decent storage capacity on the Classic. Currently I have about 140Gb in use / less than 20Gb free.

I know I would miss having all this storage, but is the sound quality on the 5th gen Touch worth it?

Cheers!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #2 of 15
I wouldn't go for it I would definitely recommend u stick with your iPod classic the iPod touch is a huge waste of money for the price range. Compared to a Sansa clip + the iPod touch is nowhere near the sound quality

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #3 of 15
Yep, stay with classic, 7G has great sq, and you can now rockbox it, go find the iPod classic rockbox thread

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #4 of 15
Quote:
 Compared to a Sansa clip + the iPod touch is nowhere near the sound quality

That is a load of crap. I have owned  both of them, and at the same time.

To the OP, I would just get another Classic.....sounds best for your needs and it is still a quality player.

Jan 13, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:
I wouldn't go for it I would definitely recommend u stick with your iPod classic the iPod touch is a huge waste of money for the price range. Compared to a Sansa clip + the iPod touch is nowhere near the sound quality

Crap.  I must have really wasted my money lately, then.

64Gb iPod Touch 5th plus 32Gb iPod Touch 5th plus iPod Nano:

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:
Damn son! What do you need that many iPods for??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nothing wrong with Dreamnine having that many players.....after all, I have seven DAPs.....lol.

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #11 of 15
I love my Classic. I have the 6.5g with 120 GB that I had not used in like two years. Pulled it out the other day and started ripping my CD's in FLAC and am at 40GB. But it is sadly freezing constantly and the click wheel sucks.

I am tempted to buy a new 7G but I don't want to save and buy one, and have the possible next generation come out immediately after I buy it.

Sent from my Droid RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:
I love my Classic. I have the 6.5g with 120 GB that I had not used in like two years. Pulled it out the other day and started ripping my CD's in FLAC and am at 40GB. But it is sadly freezing constantly and the click wheel sucks.

I am tempted to buy a new 7G but I don't want to save and buy one, and have the possible next generation come out immediately after I buy it.

Sent from my Droid RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I don't think there is going to be a next generation. If you want a 7G, save and buy one before they are gone....sooner or later they will stop selling it to force prospective buyers  to buy a Touch or iPhone.

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #15 of 15
The 32Gb one is a little redundant, (they didn't have any 64Gb ones in the shops 2 months ago) but I don't consider I've wasted my money getting the 64 now.

Any number of music players to download and likewise with EQ apps - although I tend to stick with SonicMaxPro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back