iPod Touch 4G vs Zune HD (Audio Quality)
Mar 30, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #17 of 21
I like the Sound Quality on my Zune better, imo the iPod hisses at loud volume's and can be a little screechy. The Zune sounds more natural and balanced. So without any additional apps or Eq's I prefer Zune HD over iPod touch... but it's not the biggest of differences

Also I've got MDR xb700's and FiioE6 [soon to be E11] to boost my sound quality and I only listen to music and watch Videos so I could care less about "apps"

Mar 30, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #18 of 21
J3 is really better than Zune and iPod.. (and it's not because I own a J3)

Mar 30, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #19 of 21
The Touch 4G can be enhanced, and greatly so, by the Equalizer and EQu apps.....something you cannot get on a Zune HD.

I agree,...the iPod touch also gets actual updates - the Zune HD is considered DOA by MS. And with these apps, as well as a few others (including the BBE app), the iPod touch sounds just as good as ANY Cowon.

Mar 30, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #20 of 21
I'm with you there! A small part of me just doesn't like Apple Products so I buy everything but Apple ;3 still though I'll upgrade soon enough! My iPod is a Audio Book host now and soon enough Zune will host Videos[Videos are really nice on Zune imo]  while a new source gives me AWESOME Audio Quality!

Apr 1, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #21 of 21

Quote:
The Zune HD via dock line out sounds as good as a Nuforce HDP's DAC which is a $450 dac/amp combo. I fed the Zune HD into the HDP using 3.5mm and compared the USB DAC of the HDP and the zune through the headphone amplifier of the HDP. I could discern no difference using a AKG K701.

How are you using the Zune HD optical dock output?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back