iPod Touch 32gb Availabilty and updated firmware question
Jan 28, 2009 at 8:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Artmuzz

500+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I am having problems trying to get an iPod Touch 2G 32Gb. I have tried everywhere and they are out of stock
eek.gif

Everywhere say that it won't be until the middle of February until they come back in stock.

My question is that if I wait until the middle of February and buy an iPod Touch 2G 32GB, will it already have the new firmware v2.2.1 installed on it?

Please advise

Art

Jan 28, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Artmuzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My question is that if I wait until the middle of February and buy an iPod Touch 2G 32GB, will it already have the new firmware v2.2.1 installed on it?

I don't think anyone here could say for certain but even if it doesn't it's very easy to upgrade, just click a button in iTunes...

Jan 28, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILikeMusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think anyone here could say for certain but even if it doesn't it's very easy to upgrade, just click a button in iTunes...

I would upgrade but I believe Apple charge you for upgrading from V2.0 to v2.2.

Sorry, what I should of said was that if I waited until the middle of February and bought an iPod Touch would it already have v2.2 installed not v2.2.1 as I know that is a free upgrade.

Art

Jan 28, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #6 of 11
eek - so if I buy a new 16/32gb IPOD Touch 2G tomorrow

I have to pay to get latest firmware ???

so to get the fix for stuttering lossless apple playback I have to pay ??

eek

Jan 28, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #7 of 11
Umm i don't think so.. i think the 2.2.1 is a free update... someone who's done it should be able to confirm.. theres a thread about stuttering issues.. look in there?

Jan 28, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Artmuzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would upgrade but I believe Apple charge you for upgrading from V2.0 to v2.2.

Sorry, what I should of said was that if I waited until the middle of February and bought an iPod Touch would it already have v2.2 installed not v2.2.1 as I know that is a free upgrade.

Ah, I see. In that case I would say that in all likelihood you would get at least 2.1 or 2.2. I received my 32gb Touch in December and it had 2.1, and all subsequent upgrades have been free. I'm not certain but I don't think that anyone purchasing a 32gb 2G unit will have to pay for an upgrade from 2.0 because I don't think that any came with 2.0, at least none of the 2G units...

And BTW Amazon has them in stock, available for next day delivery...

Jan 29, 2009 at 12:20 PM Post #9 of 11
Thanks for the replies.

I managed to get an iPod Touch 32Gb on the Tesco Direct site for collection at my nearest Tesco Direct store.

I would of bought off Amazon but the Postman I have actually posts fragile recorded delivery parcels through my letterbox. I remember buying a Hard Drive for my MacBook Pro and I was supposed to sign for it - instead the postman just put it through my letterbox but luckily it didn't damage anything when it fell to the floor.

Art

Jan 29, 2009 at 1:34 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eek - so if I buy a new 16/32gb IPOD Touch 2G tomorrow

I have to pay to get latest firmware ???

so to get the fix for stuttering lossless apple playback I have to pay ??

eek

No. If you buy new tomorrow, it will probably have version 2.2 on it and the first time you connect it to your computer, it should prompt you about a free update to 2.2.1. The only folks that have to pay are those that buy a 1st gen ipod with version 1 firmware. They have to pay to upgrade to version 2 firmware. All upgrades of version 2.0 to higher ie. 2.2 or 2.2.1 are free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back