Ipod Touch 2nd gen headphone out volume
Dec 2, 2008 at 6:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

aryastark90

New Head-Fier
Hi I just got a ipod touch 2nd gen and my line out cable doesn't work. people here say the headphone out is very good on the touch. I would like to know what the recommended volume level I should turn the touch up to when using a headsix amp. on my 30gb zune it was recommended to turn the volume all the way up to 19 or 20 with an amp. should I do the same with the touch and turn it all the way up.
thanks

Dec 2, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 8
Not quite sure I understand.
First you say that your line out cable don't work, then you refer to volume setting when using an external amplifier. How would you do so without a working cable?

Anyway, as long as it don't distort it should not harm. So just try some different volume setting and make up your own mind.

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by aryastark90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi I just got a ipod touch 2nd gen and my line out cable doesn't work. people here say the headphone out is very good on the touch. I would like to know what the recommended volume level I should turn the touch up to when using a headsix amp. on my 30gb zune it was recommended to turn the volume all the way up to 19 or 20 with an amp. should I do the same with the touch and turn it all the way up.
thanks

About 97-98 % of the HO volume gives me an excellent signal to amp. The HO is so damn clean it makes for wonderful amping
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #5 of 8
Maybe your line out is ok but need a specific cable ?
Based on the iphone 3G witch need a specific line out cable.

Dec 2, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not quite sure I understand.
First you say that your line out cable don't work, then you refer to volume setting when using an external amplifier. How would you do so without a working cable?

Anyway, as long as it don't distort it should not harm. So just try some different volume setting and make up your own mind.

I think his line out stopped working, so now he's using a mini to mini and wants to know what's a good volume to set his iPod at, before using his amp's volume control.

Dec 2, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Milk and Coffee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed! I would like to know some alternatives besides Qables and ALO who build iPod Touch 2G LOD-cables.

The Headfi'er LIL'KNIGHT does
biggrin.gif
I would use him if I go that route again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back