iPod Touch 2d Gen -- New Apple phones or something else?
Oct 17, 2008 at 3:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

El Bishop

New Head-Fier
Want to get an ear canal set of earphones for a newly purchased iPod Touch 16 GB. Phones now are SR60 but they will be too bulky for winter walking commute with a hat. Still in the process of ripping my CD collection -- been doing it in MP4 - I know I'll regret that and have to redo it someday.

But for the setup I have (i.e., unamped), is there any chance the (sometime) forthcoming $79 Apple in-ears are going to be any good? Will they be on par with other 2-driver setups? assuming teh answer is no, what's the best set to get - say < $500?

Thanks

Oct 17, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #3 of 6
Someone has to have heard them -- CNET has a video preview of them. And I guess my question is more based on the available evidence -- the price and whatever specs apple has put out. I've seen speculation that they might be made by Phillips.

Oct 17, 2008 at 8:50 PM Post #4 of 6
Apple is very annoying posting the "coming soon" crap. So is Xmas. I was thinking about trying them out, but I would only buy with a 30-day money back. For $79, might be interesting. But c'mon Apple, sell the GD things already.

Oct 17, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #5 of 6
Apple in the headphone business.. Their quality control has gone down the pan since the Intel switch and you pay a hell of a lot for a glowing apple on their products. I would be surprised if they were very competetive in the price range. Remember, just by something having the Apple brand name it increases the demand and therefore the price. If Apple licensed another headphone design and put their name on it, they could charge more than the original company because Apple iPod owners are most willing to buy more Apple products from the Apple store. I'd like them to prove me wrong so that I'd want a pair, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back