Ipod touch 1G Problems?
Dec 2, 2008 at 5:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Pappucho

1000+ Head-Fier
I just bought two refurbished Ipod touches from the applestore for the kids for christmas. Went with the 16GB 1G refurbed over the 8GB 2G opting for the additional storage for the same price. Is there anything else I'll be missing going with the 1G over the 2G? I've heard of some problems with the headphone jack not accepting non-apple headphones, is this true? I can't find anyone complaining of this scrolling back through past threads. I'd hate for them to be forced to use the stock buds. One uses Sony MDR-E484's and the other Aiwa V9's, some nice sounding vintage earphones.

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #2 of 9
I use my 1G iTouch 8GB with my AD700 and HARX900 just fine.

Dec 2, 2008 at 7:22 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pappucho /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there anything else I'll be missing going with the 1G over the 2G? I've heard of some problems with the headphone jack not accepting non-apple headphones, is this true?

The 1G Touch is fine with any headphone. The 1G iPhone has a recessed phone jack, thus you can only use headphones with slim jack/adapter. I'm sure that's the assumption most Apple haters took on the Touch also.

What you're missing from the 2G:
-Physical volume buttons.
-Faster processor. (actually it's the same processor, but Apple underclocked it for the 1G Touch and iPhone to preserve battery life)
-Recording ability with the new Apple earphones with mic
-Built-in Nike+ transmitter
-Better battery life

Other than those, both have the same interface and can run the same apps from the app store.

Dec 2, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #5 of 9
Thanks for the info, that really eases my main concern.

Dec 2, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #7 of 9
The 2G has a superior hp-out with little to no hiss and better bass response with low impendance headphones.

That's something major to me, but well, it's for children
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 2, 2008 at 9:34 PM Post #8 of 9
I read somewhere that the 2g screen is slightly clearer and when compared with the 1g white is a little yellow!

Just got my 16gb 2g touch yesterday. Not even seen a 1g. Other than online pics etc.

Dec 3, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #9 of 9
Well, I like to think that they share my interest and are budding audiophiles, so SQ is important. Although, I think the 1G is good enough for now. Has anyone done any 1G to 2G mods? Curious as to what the changes were made if they do share the same main internals and if you could swap parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back