ipod to little dot DAC to little dot 1 amp.......
Apr 17, 2011 at 9:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

100+ Head-Fier
would this setup work? what cables would I need? I have the amp but am trying to find ways to use my ipod as my main source instead of my old sony cd player. 

im not the brightest candle but looking at the pictures of the DAC and looking at the back of my amp and also my ipod classic I just cant get it in my head if they all will work together. what cables would i need

had a thread started about the wadia but thought about the little dot DAC
also if it will work does the little dot DAC override the crappy DAC thats in the ipod?

thanks

Apr 17, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #2 of 6
Unfortunately, this would not work. In order to extract the digital output from your iPod to an outboard DAC, you would need the Wadia iTransport, Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo, or similar device made for this purpose. The USB interface of most DACs are meant to interface with computers outputting bitstream data - the iPod does not do this through it's dock connector natively.

Apr 17, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #3 of 6
crap 
smile.gif
 thanks for the reply

so if i got the wadia what DAC would someone recommend. if i have to put a price on it....... i guess $350 or less.

Apr 17, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #4 of 6
The Wadia is for desktop use. Is Computer>DAC>LD1+ an option? That will achieve the same results for less money assuming you are playing lossless files. If not, then the transport/DAC upgrade will be very underwhelming.

Apr 17, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #5 of 6
it will be for home use. would rather use the ipod instead of my computer. Im using lossless files. Ive done the ipod>LD1>headphones...... using LOD and it doesnt sound as good as CD Player>LD1>headphones. I just want the ease of the ipod over swapping CDs and i guess to get the sound (I hope) I want is to take the ipod's Dac out of the way and use another DAC

hope that made sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Back