Ipod to home theater hookup
Jun 11, 2007 at 5:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

eric5469

100+ Head-Fier
I just bought a 80gb ipod and was wondering what is the best way to hook it up to my home theater? I was looking at the xfi xdock that is supposed to come out soon. I have read that some people say the volume isn't very good going thru a dock to their receiver. If this is the case can I benefit from buying an amp? Can an amp even be used with a dock? I would like to be able to use remote and possibly control on tv. I dont know the best route to go and I neep some help. I won't really be using this for portability. It will stay on my home theater most of the time. Thanks guys

Jun 11, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #2 of 2
Putting aside for the moment the obvious question of why you bought an ipod for any purpose other than as a portable device, I would say an excellent choice is apple's own universal dock and remote. There should be no need to amplify the line out of the dock any further if you're plugging it into a receiver or a pre/pro. The apple remote works as well as any other, though it is a little small, and will control it pretty well. Your ability to control an ipod from your TV screen is pretty limited, though, regardless of the device you're using. There is nothing that just reproduces the ipod's interface on screen, so that's limiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back