iPod + Subaru Impreza RS?
Mar 31, 2005 at 1:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Zoide

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

Has anyone connected their iPod to the Subaru Impreza RS radio? I am looking for options for doing this.

It seems like a tough choice. FM transmitters are supposed to have bad sound quality, the car's stock radio has no cassette slot so you can't use iPod cassette adaptors, and I don't think there's a line in in the stock radio either.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Andrés

Mar 31, 2005 at 3:03 AM Post #5 of 8
Neither the single or six disc Subaru CD player has any provision for an auxiliary input. Your other choice would be to replace what you currently have with an older Subaru heads (off eBay). These were 2 seperate pieces one a cassette and one a CD player. Your only other option is a 3rd party head.

Mar 31, 2005 at 7:22 AM Post #7 of 8
Since you can't add a line-in, and without buying a new deck, you could look at an FM Modulator. It won't sound as good as a line-in, but it should suffer from less interference than a regular FM transmitter. It basically should sit 'in-line' on your cars antenna and you'll have a switch to turn it on or off.

Mar 31, 2005 at 7:25 AM Post #8 of 8
I have an WRX STi, and my itrip sounds like ca-ca. I dont know why, I dont have an external antenna on my car so I dont know if its embedded in my front or rear windshield, but I cant even get it listenable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back