ipod stock headphones not bad at all ?
Mar 30, 2004 at 9:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

miziq

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

im continiusly thinking about ipod 3g stock headphones and some reviews here. Lots of folks said they are baid. But i dont know i have k1000 with really highend tube amp and when comparing i dont find ipod phones all that bad.

Is something wrong with me
smily_headphones1.gif
? I was thinking in getting new earplugs but im somehow starting to doubt about this investment.

What do you think..

Mar 30, 2004 at 11:31 AM Post #2 of 6
I have much more trouble with their (complete lack of) comfort than with the sound. Sure you can do better, but in terms of stock phones they aren't half as bad as some people would like you to believe IMO.

Mar 30, 2004 at 2:31 PM Post #3 of 6
I found the sound of the ipod phones really lacking and just an overall dull sound, with a lot of the detail missing (typical of headphones included with a portable mp3 player, and apprpriate since most people listen to horribly compressed mp3s that sound like mush through anything decent). For portability I use my trusty old Sony fold up "street style" imports I got like 6 years ago or so for my old minidisk player
smily_headphones1.gif
Nothing great, but better sounding and more comfortable than buds.

My roommate is now using my ipod buds cause his started to crap out already.

Mar 30, 2004 at 2:34 PM Post #4 of 6
As far as stock buds go i don't think they're bad at all. I just listened to them the other day and was pleasently surprised. That being said, I only listened for about 10 mins before I put in other phones.

Mar 30, 2004 at 5:06 PM Post #5 of 6
When people say 'it's not bad', exactly means 'it's not good' as well. iPod earphones are below average considering how much iPod actually cost. What's worse was the optional $40 earbuds I bought from apple.com. In sonic world it's a rip off, in design world it's nice.

Mar 30, 2004 at 8:14 PM Post #6 of 6
For freebies I don't think they're bad at all. Not the most detailed true, and also they're rolled off but I think they're quite musical. I'm looking for alternatives to them in another thread by the way if anyone feels like chipping in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back