ipod speaker system through a portable amp question?!
Jan 23, 2009 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bunsco

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

not very versed in this kinda stuff - but im thinking of buying an ipod speaker system - either the Audica MPS-1 or the Klipsch iGroove SXT and i was wondering if i connected my ipod via my RSA Tomahawk portable amp - would there be any improvement of sound or maybe expand the quality somehow (have the amp take the brunt of the volume and have the speaker system set at 50-70%).

If that makes any sense.

Any advice/tips or general knowledge appreciated.

Jan 23, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #3 of 4
Oh man, are you seriously contemplating this... Just get the Klipsch system and love it.

Jan 24, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #4 of 4
put this reply in the duplicate you put in the amps forum but here ya go again incase yo kiss it.

I dont think its a very good idea; sorry, in this way IMO all you are going to do is colour the sound, not improve it as the ipod docking speakers normally use the line-out signal anyway, so all you are doing is putting the signal through an unnecessary link in the chain. adding distortion that doesnt need to be there. if those speakers dont use the line-out signal and instead use the HP out, maybe there would be a small improvement. but maybe it will sound like crap and overload the system as greatdane said

Users who are viewing this thread

Back