iPod Sleep Timer: Is there such a thing?
Jan 9, 2006 at 4:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

sjt78

100+ Head-Fier
I have yet to own an iPod (4g 60gb iPod Photo is on it's way) so this question may be answered very quickly by reading the literature that comes with the iPod. Is there a built in sleep timer/sleep mode on the iPod? If not, is there a way to dowload one? I'm asking as I plan on using the iPod to relax before I fall asleep and might fall asleep in the process. I wouldn't want the iPod to run all night. Thanks.
-Steve

Jan 9, 2006 at 5:10 PM Post #2 of 10
Not that I've found, and I've been through tons of the options. However they're might be an add on program for itunes or a seperate program that would run from your PC that would shut it down after a certain amount "idle" time. But that would require you to have it hooked up to a PC so it wouldn't affect battery life which is probably the only reason you don't want it running all night.

However, I believe after it's idle for a while it will automatically go off. So you could set up a playlist of songs for the amount of time you think you'll be awake and it should shut off when the playlist is over. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this.

That's the only things I can think of. Hope this helps!

JD

Jan 9, 2006 at 5:20 PM Post #3 of 10
There is no sleep timer that I am aware of, but there really is no need. If you haven't already, download itunes onto your computer, it's free, no need to wait for the ipod to arrive. Compile a list of your 10 favorite sleep tracks in a regular playlist and...presto...you have yourself a 30min go-to-sleep playlist. After it finishes, the ipod will turn off automtically. It does have a built in alarm, though. Now...what headphone to sleep with...?

Jan 9, 2006 at 5:26 PM Post #4 of 10
Wait, I always thought that iPods have a sleep timer (You can set it to turn off after a pre-selected number of minutes).
eek.gif

[size=xx-small]At least that is what I remember when my iPod was still working...[/size]

Jan 9, 2006 at 5:30 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veniogenesis
Wait, I always thought that iPods have a sleep timer (You can set it to turn off after a pre-selected number of minutes).
eek.gif

[size=xx-small]At least that is what I remember when my iPod was still working...[/size]

You are right! I have never really looked. On the 4th Gen it gives you a choice from 15 up to 120 minutes. Good eye! C

Jan 9, 2006 at 5:45 PM Post #6 of 10
This is all great information...thanks everyone! I'll look for the sleep timer option when I start playing with the iPod.
-Steve

Jan 9, 2006 at 9:34 PM Post #9 of 10
Yep I have a timer in my iPod 4G Photo. I use it all the time, it's under the Clock menu. Plus they also have an alarm clock. So you can use it to put you to sleep and to wake you up.
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2006 at 10:40 PM Post #10 of 10
Wow!

I just added the clock to my main menu and it's in there
biggrin.gif

So now I can fall asleep listening to music and I'll be sure it'll turn off after an hour!

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back