iPod shuffles now available in colors
Jan 31, 2007 at 6:21 AM Post #17 of 38
pink, pink, pink, PINK!
tongue.gif

dare I get the V2 2G Shuffle? I'll wait it out.

Jan 31, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #18 of 38
Apple should pay me royalties for this idea- as posted in a new shuffle thread last year. I feel like Ali G, when Sony stole his idea for a Playstation 2.
biggrin.gif

I can see teen girls buying one of every color to match their attire. What am I saying, I can see my wife doing it (that is if she was interested enough to even listen to the ipod she already has).

Its a great idea, but the one I have already serves my needs (which means I will have a colored one within 2 weeks).

Jan 31, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #21 of 38
Sorry for Off-topic, but do the new Shuffles have the resume problem corrected? My 1st Gen Shuffles will resume playback from current position after pausing just fine, but will go to the same set point after switching off then later on. Gets pretty annoying when you wish to continue from where you left off, say from the previous day after a switch off.

Still an issue with the new ones? If not, better functionality and cool colors may be too much to resist.

Feb 1, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #24 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by camille /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^those issues have been fixed for 2G shuffles (and 1G shuffle IIRC)

No, my 1st Gen Shuffle still suffers from it. Very annoying.

Feb 1, 2007 at 6:46 PM Post #26 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by vranswer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

mm. so say if you were on shuffle mode and in the middle of the song, you pause it and put the switch in the OFF mode. Then, switch it back to the shuffle function the played song in question would start from the beginning?

or going from shuffle > Off > Continuous, etc.

how long of a stoppage are you talking here?

Feb 2, 2007 at 1:48 AM Post #28 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by vranswer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And the 2nd gen suffered from it too according to Apple (if I extrapolate their answers to my bookmarking questions). Not sure if there has been any changes here, but I doubt it.

Feb 2, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #30 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by camille /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mm. so say if you were on shuffle mode and in the middle of the song, you pause it and put the switch in the OFF mode. Then, switch it back to the shuffle function the played song in question would start from the beginning?

or going from shuffle > Off > Continuous, etc.

how long of a stoppage are you talking here?

Can't answer that one as I never use shuffle mode. Let's say there are 50 songs loaded onto the Shuffle, and somewhere along the way the 'marker' (for lack of a term) got somehow set to :22 seconds into song #10.

Well, I listen along my merry way and get all the way up to song #40. Finished for the day, I switch off and plug the Shuffle in to recharge. Or don't recharge, as that doesn't seem to change the behavior. When I switch back on, where do I find myself? You guessed it, right back at :22 seconds into song #10. Doesn't matter how far I progress through the 50 tracks, or even if I "lap" the mysterious resume point, that's where it will resume playback.

Of course, if I've heard the first 25 tracks out of 50 I don't want to hear them over and over again but that's what happens. It seems the Shuffle mode is primary in the player and it just doesn't handle linear very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back