iPod Shuffle with Monster Turbine Copper Pros
May 8, 2011 at 4:07 AM Post #8 of 12
I see.  I have the newest 2GB, gen 4  iPod Shuffle.  Any other opinions on how my monsters will sound with it?  My main reason for the shuffle is because I don't like wearing the larger iPod while working out.  The place where I listen to my music the most is at the gym.

Quote:

new 2G?  1G means first Generation not 1GB.  the new ones are 4G

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPod_Shuffle

May 8, 2011 at 6:28 AM Post #9 of 12
no idea how the new ones sound but id suggest hitting ebay and buying a 1G shuffle, they are dirt cheap as normal folk dont want them anymore. 

othrewise its not like your coppers will sound like total poo out of your 4G shuffle, think of it like buying a Ferrari and putting really narrow wheels on it.  sure itll still spank your Ford Focus but it wont be all it could be.

May 8, 2011 at 7:09 AM Post #10 of 12
   I have not heard them together. A friend had the Turbines heard them. I have a feeling you will love the combo. I have had a 1/2 gig Shuffle from 2005 and feel it has the best D/A converter Apple ever used. My friends would laugh at me because I had the smallest IPod and the biggest headphones on plane flights. I loved the Shuffle at the gym because they have two usb ends, one cap and one with a cool white cord so you can wear it on your neck. Nothing is like that now. Even if you carry it in your pocket at the gym it rules. The one issue is the battery does not last that long. I am guessing 50min.

They are for sale on EBay now on the cheap. Being that they are new old stock do not expect the battery to last more than a few years. You can Rockbox em too! People seem now to want 1000 songs, movies, but if you want your favorite rock album to swing some weight around there is nothing better. I have made a lazy comparison against my Touch, Mini, Classic and the Shuffle has a warmer dark, almost fuzzy D/A. That is the sound sig I look for in my bigger rigs too, so maybe that is why I love em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back