iPod Shuffle.......What.....wow
Feb 27, 2006 at 4:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

Sheynkman

100+ Head-Fier
Although I am firmly in the anti iPod corner (hate itunes and the renaming of files etc etc haha) I was surprised today. I have a shuffle that I got as a cheap student deal to use as my USB drive (need it for just about every class).

Well today I worked out with the shuffle...and although I was using cheap (i mean like 5 buck) little cheap phones...the bass was oddly punchy.

So now Im in my RS1s.... wow as much as I love my Archos gmini.... the shuffle just sounds awesome.... this is weird because it sounds better then any ipod ive ever heard..... did they use a different dac or something?

Please shed some light on this!

Thanks guys!

Feb 27, 2006 at 5:12 AM Post #4 of 44
Most people here will probably agree the shuffle is the best sounding iPod.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2006 at 5:17 AM Post #5 of 44
Yes, a different DAC chip.

Feb 27, 2006 at 4:32 PM Post #12 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHINABOY1021
im considering to get one. just gotta weight out the sacrificed value of no screen vs superior SQ

There are so cheap especially 2nd hand they are practically disposable. I got mine to use a USB Flash Drive as it was cheaper than buying an actual flash drive.

Feb 27, 2006 at 6:44 PM Post #15 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22
the shuffle can only do wav lossless, which sucks (no apple lossless). i'm betting everyones talking about mp3 or AAC

interesting. did not know it did not play apple loseless. I listen to almost no loseless files, so the fact that people are commenting on the quality of the mp3 play back is good for me. I'm very tempted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back