Ipod Shuffle - refurb vs retail
Mar 17, 2006 at 5:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

CHINABOY1021

100+ Head-Fier
i want to pick up an ipod shuffle for it's famous sound quality.

what's the deal/problem with refurbished ones?? why were they broken in the first place? what was fixed??

Mar 17, 2006 at 11:42 AM Post #2 of 4
From my experience refurbished products can have a variety of qualities. This includes slight fixed defects in the units (it must have been a minor issue though if it could be fixed). Also note, its more likely you will see visible wear on refurbed items since, well they have been sold n used before u get ur hands on them. Finally, be aware the warranty will definitely me shorter. Check and find out how long ur covered by the warranty *before* you buy ur shuffle. Unless you get a really good discount say $30 off, I would sleep better knowing that my "investment" is new and carries a full warranty.

Mar 17, 2006 at 2:39 PM Post #3 of 4
Thats not the case. Most Apple refurbs come in new casing and will be in 'as new' condition. They also come with the full years warranty. The components are basically used though.

Although this is not really a problem with the Shuffle as it is not HDD based, I am on about my 5th Apple replacement iPod, which are refurbished. It has been a hard disc problem every time, and I think this is as a result of buying my first iPod refurbished.

J.

Mar 18, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #4 of 4
I bought my shuffle refurbished. It was a little scuffed up on the back when I got it, but its no big deal to me. I paid 80 bucks for the 512MB one, two weeks before they dropped the price down to 70 for a new one. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back