ipod Shuffle + Pimeta + X___headphone = ?
Feb 14, 2005 at 11:48 PM Post #2 of 16
Wouldn't a pimeta kind of kill the whole "tiny" aspect of the shuffle?

Feb 14, 2005 at 11:53 PM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeriyn
Wouldn't a pimeta kind of kill the whole "tiny" aspect of the shuffle?

Heh...that's not too much of a concern for me. I'm in college...the amp will be in my backpack. As far as the amp size...I've built a surprisingly small Pimeta for a friend. It was barely larger than the actual PCB. The batteries were stacked on top of the PCB.

The friend later sold it to someone on this forum. Perhaps he can post it.

Feb 14, 2005 at 11:56 PM Post #4 of 16
Well what kind of music do you listen to? What kind of budget are you on? Do you need isolation?

I would imagine it would be fine, I've heard the Shuffle and Mini/4G's use the same audio chip...but don't quote me on that.

Feb 16, 2005 at 1:32 AM Post #8 of 16
I've just gotta ask what's the point of amping when on the go. With such a small amp anyways, it's not gonna make enough difference to do anything worthwhile to the sound especially when you're not analyzing it. Save your money get some more cans or a better stationary amp.

Feb 16, 2005 at 2:01 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morphling
I've just gotta ask what's the point of amping when on the go. With such a small amp anyways, it's not gonna make enough difference to do anything worthwhile to the sound especially when you're not analyzing it. Save your money get some more cans or a better stationary amp.

A pimeta is pretty good at handling a variety of headphones.

Who said anything about analyzing sound? I want it to sound better. I could care less about analysis. I don't analyze music; I listen to it.

Now, I will ask again. How is the Shuffle given an amp?(Or, how many more off topic replies will arise without an inquiry to the original question?)

Feb 16, 2005 at 9:31 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by harkamus

Now, I will ask again. How is the Shuffle given an amp?(Or, how many more off topic replies will arise without an inquiry to the original question?)

Do you have kids to raise/teach?
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2005 at 9:34 AM Post #11 of 16
To my ears the shuffle sounded just like my iPod Mini, so I would imagine it'd sound quite good with an amp. Not sure how you will manage to get 85% volume exactly with no display though...
very_evil_smiley.gif

And, I don't mean to point and giggle, but the thought of a Shuffle connected to DT770s is just entirely too amusing.
icon10.gif

Feb 16, 2005 at 9:55 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeriyn
And, I don't mean to point and giggle, but the thought of a Shuffle connected to DT770s is just entirely too amusing.
icon10.gif

If you loose the shuffle all you have to do is follow the cable of the DT770.
biggrin.gif

Seriously if you build a pimeta yourself you could build it with room to put the shuffle in. Then all you're carrying is the amp. It's not like you need to look at the display.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I am being serious about a pimeta case with a space for the shuffle.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 16, 2005 at 11:41 AM Post #13 of 16
I see you could fasten the shuffle on the side of some DT-880's
smily_headphones1.gif

My friend ordered one 5 days ago and it should be arriving in two days. We can check out the combination then
smily_headphones1.gif

Audio Technica EM series are nice, but their black color (cables) doesn't really match the iPods or shuffles
rolleyes.gif

Feb 16, 2005 at 3:03 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
I would imagine it would be fine, I've heard the Shuffle and Mini/4G's use the same audio chip...but don't quote me on that.

I would bet they are totally different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back