ipod shuffle 2gen question?
Feb 25, 2009 at 9:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

profusion

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,
is sound quality of shuffle is equal to all ipods? or it cannot be compared to classic, nano and etc?

Feb 25, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #3 of 8
I would have to agree. I tried using my sister's 2nd g touch (green) and it hissed and sounded horrible. Don't be misunderstood though, the 1st g has amazing sound quality; if you can get your hands on it you should get it.

Feb 25, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would have to agree. I tried using my sister's 2nd g touch (green) and it hissed and sounded horrible. Don't be misunderstood though, the 1st g has amazing sound quality; if you can get your hands on it you should get it.

huh
confused_face_2.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by profusion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,
is sound quality of shuffle is equal to all ipods? or it cannot be compared to classic, nano and etc?

It's considered by many to be one of the worst sounding ipods (which means slightly below average sound), but it can't be beat for portability. Something to also keep in mind is that it can't playback lossless.

I personally have one in the mail and it will strictly be used as an "active" dap - - Apple has various colors refurbed on their site for $29 with free shipping and I couldn't resist.

Feb 26, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #7 of 8
I agree with the others. I don't mind the hiss too much because my Shuffle only gets used at the gym or during outdoors conditioning, places where music and podcasts are just background.

If you want something small with good SQ, you should look into the Sansa Clip. It's getting a lot of attention. 8GB for $49 at Wal-Mart.

Feb 26, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by christine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with the others. I don't mind the hiss too much because my Shuffle only gets used at the gym or during outdoors conditioning, places where music and podcasts are just background.

If you want something small with good SQ, you should look into the Sansa Clip. It's getting a lot of attention. 8GB for $49 at Wal-Mart.

I too saw that, but felt it was not worth the extra $20 just to get beat up and abused.

...and I'm a sucker for DAPs that have docks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back