iPod refurbs due for a price drop?
Oct 3, 2006 at 2:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Gamemako

100+ Head-Fier
As a matter of pure speculation, I must imagine the refurbs have to be ready for a price drop some time soon. A new 1gig shuffle is actually CHEAPER than a refurb -- the refurb costs 25% more. The refurb Nanos are still cheaper than their new counterparts, but you're also looking at a generation jump. A refurb 1G 4gig is more expensive than a new 2gig 2G Nano. One has to wonder how long they'll keep the refurbs stocked before they just cut their losses and sell 'em off cheap.

Oct 3, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #2 of 7
once the 5.5g videopods hit the refurbs in a couple months, the 5g refurb prices should tank, so it's a good idea to wait for that to happen if you're eyeing a 5g now.

Oct 3, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by cire
once the 5.5g videopods hit the refurbs in a couple months, the 5g refurb prices should tank, so it's a good idea to wait for that to happen if you're eyeing a 5g now.

Hmmm...I didn't even think of that. Good point, and thanks, since I've been thinking of grabbing one over the last couple weeks now.

Oct 3, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

They won't even be available in a couple of months will they? They are down to 30GB and 60GB white units only.

Oct 3, 2006 at 8:36 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Unless they sell out. Ask people who waited to pull the trigger on the H120s and H140s what that feels like . . .

Oct 3, 2006 at 8:39 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMusic
They won't even be available in a couple of months will they?

I'm betting that they will be all gone.

I purchased an additional iriver H120 at the last minute before they became relatively scarce (and expensive), and now I'm very glad that I did. Now, I don't think the 5Gs won't get more expensive, but you won't be able to buy them directly from Apple, with the protections that provides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back