iPOD/radio tuner question
Mar 23, 2004 at 6:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ultraviolet353

Head-Fier
I want to buy an iPOD, but I really want an AM/FM tuner in the same unit. Does the iPOD have any accesory that will enable me to have AM/FM capability? Does Apple ever plan to release an integrated radio tuner into an iPOD. Any suggestions or alternatives?

Mar 23, 2004 at 1:50 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by ultraviolet353
I want to buy an iPOD, but I really want an AM/FM tuner in the same unit. Does the iPOD have any accesory that will enable me to have AM/FM capability?

Not that I'm aware of. Griffin canceled their iPod iFM FM tuner product before it made it to market.

Quote:

Does Apple ever plan to release an integrated radio tuner into an iPOD.

Not that I've heard of, perhaps they may include an FM tuner in the 4th-generation iPod? Your guess is as good as mine.

Quote:

Any suggestions or alternatives?

Perhaps lug around an additional AM/FM portable radio? Sorry, not a great suggestion
frown.gif

Mar 23, 2004 at 3:10 PM Post #4 of 5
I use the Sony SRF-M10. The times I use a radio are so rare that this works a treat. The M10 is roughly the size of the iRiver iHP-120 remote. The only disadvantage is that you have to unplug the phones and re-plug them.

Mar 23, 2004 at 9:50 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by pomegranate
or just get an iHP instead AND save yourself $$$
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Are the iRiver's less expensive? I can't find them for less than about $330 USD where the iPod is about $270.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back