iPod problem
Dec 20, 2004 at 4:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Shurenuff

100+ Head-Fier
Just need some input from you guys. About a week ago, my 3rd generation iPod (had it for about a year) stopped taking a charge. When I plug it into the charger, I get a battery icon on the screen that shows me that it won't charge. Now my question is, do you think it's just an old battery problem or something different, like say a broken port or loose connection? The thing is, before this incident; I never had a problem with battery holding a long charge. I don't want to buy a new battery for nothing. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dec 20, 2004 at 8:17 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by viator122
If you hook it up to your computer, will it recognize the iPod? That should give you some idea of whether it's a problem with the dock connector, right?

That's a good question. I'm currently out of town, so I have not had access to my computer. However, the iPod is completely out of juice and won't run on AC power, so I'm not sure if my computer will recognize it. But I see where you're going with that from a troubleshooting perspective. Any other ideas?

Dec 20, 2004 at 10:11 PM Post #5 of 5
I don't have any other suggestions for while you're out of town, but once you're back at home if you hook your iPod up to your computer using a 6-pin firewire port it should charge from the computer. I guess I would try to eliminate the not-so-bad problems before I started to think about the serious. I would try to eliminate problems with the AC adapter and the cable first. If your iPod is recognized by your computer, I'd say there is a good chance that this is the problem. If not, I'd try to borrow a cable and adapter from someone else. If that doesn't work out, then I think you might have a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back