ipod pocketdock
Dec 3, 2005 at 9:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Jbucla2005

1000+ Head-Fier
I bought an ipod and noticed it has no line out - but hear people talking about 'pocketdock line out' - whats that?

Dec 3, 2005 at 10:35 AM Post #2 of 10
All iPods with the dock connector have a line out. It out goes through the dock connector. The Pocketdock line-out connects to the dock connector and provides a line out. So does the iPod dock.

Dec 3, 2005 at 5:19 PM Post #3 of 10
there are several versions of the pocketdock. in order to get line out you need to buy a pocketdock with line out.

turbo has a nice solution as well, it might be worth shooting him a PM.

Dec 3, 2005 at 11:15 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbucla2005
I bought an ipod and noticed it has no line out - but hear people talking about 'pocketdock line out' - whats that?

If you needed a link, here it is.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 3, 2005 at 11:52 PM Post #6 of 10
The USB version of the Pocketdock is a very handy dongle. I keep it around various places including one in my backpack all the time. It has a standard USB (not the mini USB) socket from which you can sync or charge. And everyone I know has a standard USB cable.

Dec 4, 2005 at 1:08 AM Post #8 of 10
I can't speak to the differences in sound quality between the TurboDock II and PocketDock as I don't have a TurboDock.. yet. Check out the link to the TurboDock in the thread I linked above for the maker's thoughts on what makes his dock connector superior to other connectors.

I plan on getting one based on the lone fact that the TurboDock locks onto the iPod. PocketDock will disconnect from the iPod with just a slight nudge and it's a little annoying when you're on the go.

Dec 4, 2005 at 1:24 AM Post #9 of 10
I'm probably going to get the turbodock to complement my pocketdock.
The pocketdock will be used at home and the turbobock will be in my bag for portable use. But so far I'm very happy with the sound from the pocketdock.

Dec 4, 2005 at 1:43 AM Post #10 of 10
What about Sik's Ram Din? How does it compare? The price is right, it has a built-in mini connector, I've seen people clip off the Firewire cable to make it more portable, and it comes in black.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back