iPod Play Song problem
May 19, 2006 at 9:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ricola_pak

100+ Head-Fier
I have a 4 month old 30GB video iPod, and 80% of the time when I select a song to play on it, somehow it plays the next song on the list.

So let's say I wanted to play a song on my playlist, it would try to play the song (I see the album artwork and stuff come up), but then it fails and instead it plays the song after the one I want. Or if I selected an album and wanted to play a track, same thing.

Anyone else experienced this? It's not a big problem, as I can just press back to play the song I want. But I just don't know why it is happening.

May 19, 2006 at 11:34 AM Post #2 of 7
Seems a weird one that and seems like its time to contact Apple and see if they can fix it for you.

I had some weird and wondeful things (bugs) going on in mine just niggly little things and after updating the Ipod firmware to 1.1.1 everything seemed to disappear including the video play stalling !!

If you havent already upgraded from the Apple site that might help just a thought.

May 19, 2006 at 11:56 AM Post #3 of 7
If nothing else, I started a thread a couple of weeks ago about dumping Itunes and folks here came up with some wonderful suggestions as alternates. Might want to check out some older, similar threads too.

But contact Apple first before making any decisions

May 19, 2006 at 11:19 PM Post #4 of 7
The obvious first thing to try would be to use the Apple firmware updater to restore your iPod to original factory settings. Then reload all your music. That will probably fix the problem.

See ya
Steve

May 19, 2006 at 11:21 PM Post #5 of 7
has the song it skipped ever played before? Sometimes if the song is corrupted it will still be transferred to the ipod, but the ipod cannot play it and it will be skipped.

May 20, 2006 at 2:11 AM Post #6 of 7
Its happened to me too on my 4G 40GB Ipod. Im just usually too fast for the clickwheel and my finger sometimes isnt precise. Other times Im just puzzled, but I've learned to live with it.

May 20, 2006 at 5:55 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by fengler
has the song it skipped ever played before? Sometimes if the song is corrupted it will still be transferred to the ipod, but the ipod cannot play it and it will be skipped.

Nope the song is not corrupted, as I can easily just press previous song on the click wheel and the song I wanted in the first place will play.

It does not really bug me, just a little problem I could live without.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back