iPod Photo
Oct 27, 2004 at 11:09 PM Post #3 of 24
I still want one
tongue.gif

Oct 27, 2004 at 11:41 PM Post #5 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by enzoferrari650
i find it pointless unless you really need a photo viewer for everyday use.

You obvioulsy don't have grandchildren
icon10.gif

Oct 28, 2004 at 12:18 AM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD
You obvioulsy don't have grandchildren
icon10.gif

zzzzzz. if i did, i'd shoot myself. i dont think its possible actually. unless my kid has magical powers and finds a magical partner and gives birth at like age 3.

Oct 28, 2004 at 2:36 AM Post #8 of 24
God I hate these.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 28, 2004 at 4:41 AM Post #9 of 24
Sorry, but with just a 65k screen pictures will look rubbish

(Judging by going from a Sony Ericcson T630 / Sharp GX20 with 65k color screen to Sony Ericsson S700i with 262k color screen, a whole world of difference... 65k just looks washed out / cheap...)

No thanks Apple.

Oct 28, 2004 at 6:30 PM Post #12 of 24
Whatever Apple do, they usually don't cheap out so I doubt the display would suck... although given battery life concerns, who knows. I'm going to take a look at it anyway when it comes out here.

What I'm missing the point of is the lack of a direct to camera USB connectivity (it lacks it, doesn't it?). It seems a bit odd to release it without such a facility.

Oct 28, 2004 at 7:45 PM Post #13 of 24
I just think that compared to what other companies [archos] are doing "viewing photos" is a laughable feature for a multimedia device.

Do some searches on the net for the av500 series. It will probably be out around the same time as the photo ipod or maybe before.

Basically av500 = av400 + touch screen + PDA functions

Now that is impressive... viewing photos is not
rolleyes.gif

Nov 7, 2004 at 9:48 PM Post #15 of 24
I can understand why you might not like the Ipod photo, but he archos? They aren't even substitutable goods really. The archos is more expensive, and the ipod is already at the absolute cieling of the market for digital music. Second, the target audience isn't guys who like new gadgets, or audiophiles, it kids between ages 10 and 25. I'm in there, and although I cant speak for everyone, I don't want a PDA right now, I don't want to watch movies in a cafe, and I don't want a music player thats as big as the archos. On the other hand for me as I'm studying abroad, I do want music with me all the time, and having pictures of friends and family to take a look at when I get nostagic is quite attractive. Give the price range, feature list, and target audience the ipod photo and archos av 400/500 are not substitutes.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back