ipod or Zen Vision:M?
Jan 24, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaroncort /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Both the ipod and zen have proprietary docks which is as lame as it gets. The zen 1-ups the lameness by needing the docking dongle as well as a not supplied dc charger to charge away from the computer. I haven't yet, but am sure that I'll loose that dongle at some point and have to buy a new one for 8.00. I also won't be able to charge it at all because the dongle is the only way to hook up a USB cable for charging and transfering, while waiting for the new dongle to ship to me since finding accesories at a local store is impossible.

This is not true. There are numerous direct-connect sync and charge cables being sold for the ZVM these days. I got one for my ZVM back in May from eBay for $6.00:

zubsc.jpg

img0242smallfx5.jpg

I only used the dongle that came with the ZVM on the first day I got the ZVM ( back in April), and never used it again......there's also A/V out cables and FM transmitters that connect directly to the ZVM, as well.....

Jan 25, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #17 of 22
hmm... i was just looking at the refurb ipods on Apple's website and the prices are very, very nice! Especially considering that if I upgrade I'll most likely buy 2 (one for my wife)

I'm not that familar w/ ipods though... what version of ipod are they selling (the 30gb one w/ video) I know it isn't a 5.5G, but is it a 5G?

Jan 31, 2007 at 3:43 PM Post #19 of 22
Well I was actually almost swung over to the Zune, but when the $50 rebates just came out on the ZV:M I couldn't resist... especially when the price was only $215 and I had to buy 2... that makes it $100 cheaper
biggrin.gif

I also ordered Bestskins ever for them. Now, i just need to find a suitable case

Jan 31, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I was actually almost swung over to the Zune, but when the $50 rebates just came out on the ZV:M I couldn't resist... especially when the price was only $215 and I had to buy 2... that makes it $100 cheaper
biggrin.gif

I also ordered Bestskins ever for them. Now, i just need to find a suitable case

Great choice, if you dont already know it, epizenter.com is great forums about the ZVM. Nice tricks, tips and tweaks you can do. I have the BSE on my ZVM right now and its awesome. Its very clear, doesnt fog up screen or hinder viewing it in anyway.

For installation of the BSE, its best to do it in a bathroom right after you took a hot shower. This will help keep the dust in the air down, any dust that gets trap under there is going to stay. Also, dont use a credit card to squeeze the water out. As it does say use one on their webpage, i found that its waaay to hard to use without scratching the surface. The reason is the credit card normall has a rough edge (fine enough not for you finger to notice) and this really can almost cut the BSE. I used my ABC Liquior rewards card for this, this is thick enough, but not as thick as a credit card.

GL with your ZVM, if you have any questions about it, shoot me a PM. Ive had mine about 3 months now and its great. I picked up a Kroo Silicon case for 9.99$ shipped. Check out epizenter.com for more details on cases for the ZVM.

Jan 31, 2007 at 4:33 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great choice, if you dont already know it, epizenter.com is great forums about the ZVM. Nice tricks, tips and tweaks you can do. I have the BSE on my ZVM right now and its awesome. Its very clear, doesnt fog up screen or hinder viewing it in anyway.

For installation of the BSE, its best to do it in a bathroom right after you took a hot shower. This will help keep the dust in the air down, any dust that gets trap under there is going to stay. Also, dont use a credit card to squeeze the water out. As it does say use one on their webpage, i found that its waaay to hard to use without scratching the surface. The reason is the credit card normall has a rough edge (fine enough not for you finger to notice) and this really can almost cut the BSE. I used my ABC Liquior rewards card for this, this is thick enough, but not as thick as a credit card.

GL with your ZVM, if you have any questions about it, shoot me a PM. Ive had mine about 3 months now and its great. I picked up a Kroo Silicon case for 9.99$ shipped. Check out epizenter.com for more details on cases for the ZVM.

thanks for the tips. I think I'll be alright though... I've put a BSE on my razr. And a cc works just fine... just takes a little getting used to, but then again I've had a bunch of practice using a cc to spread thermal paste on a chips before putting the heatsink on, so I've had lots of time to get it 'right'
biggrin.gif

I think I'm down to either a crumpler bag
http://www.crumplerbags.com/Cart/index.php?catId=11
probably the small bundler or the winkler

or a headroom bag. I really like the fact that the gigabag allows you access to the controls, but at the same time it's 2x the price...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back