iPod nano screen cracking problems
Sep 28, 2005 at 3:17 PM Post #34 of 42
Well Apple hasn't always been exactly immediately forthcoming on problems (bat life drop on 1 gen iPods, white spots on recent PBs, etc.), so this is a welcome move. Hopefully it was less than .1% of all nanos and won't expand.

Dec 7, 2005 at 6:15 AM Post #37 of 42
Ya i recently bought a nano from a friend. This things is awesome. But one day as it was sitting on my desk charging i come back and there is a huge line through the LCD. People are telling the truth about the scratching and such. Be Prepared to memerize 1.8 gb of songs!

Dec 7, 2005 at 6:32 AM Post #38 of 42
Well, I suffered the dreaded cracked screen last week. Had the Nano in my coat pocket and after a day about town, took it out to turn it on and noticed that my screen had a large, dark ink stain like blob that turned into a well lit large blob when I turned it on. The LCD screen had cracked right down the middle. I have no idea what caused the thing to crack like that. Maybe I bumped into something when it was in my coat, I dunno...

Anyway, I went on the Apple website and filled out the online cracked screen form and they sent me a brand new Nano in about 3 days. Pretty amazing service and I never even spoke to a single human being. Many kudos to the Apple folks!

Dec 9, 2005 at 1:45 AM Post #39 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shakey
Well, I suffered the dreaded cracked screen last week. Had the Nano in my coat pocket and after a day about town, took it out to turn it on and noticed that my screen had a large, dark ink stain like blob that turned into a well lit large blob when I turned it on. The LCD screen had cracked right down the middle. I have no idea what caused the thing to crack like that. Maybe I bumped into something when it was in my coat, I dunno...

Anyway, I went on the Apple website and filled out the online cracked screen form and they sent me a brand new Nano in about 3 days. Pretty amazing service and I never even spoke to a single human being. Many kudos to the Apple folks!

Was your screen actually cracked or did the ink just explode internally? I am wondering where Apple draws the line between making you pay to fix/replace and giving you a free new one?

Dec 9, 2005 at 3:02 AM Post #40 of 42
It had cracked from top to bottom and there was a large ink-like stain in the middle of the screen. From what I could tell, the Apple exchange policy seemed pretty liberal considering that it was an automated process consisting of filling out purchase date info., serial number and checking the "broken screen" option (or something like that).

I never spoke to a rep. nor did I answer any questions on how it happened. The website automatically generates an exchange/repair order and they send you a shipping box the next day.

Dec 9, 2005 at 3:20 AM Post #41 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shakey

When did you buy your Nano?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back