iPod Nano (Next Gen) + SuperMicro IV
Apr 19, 2007 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tracyrick

100+ Head-Fier
How great an SQ combo is the current Nano with a SuperMicro IV via line out?

I've decided I want to go small and switch to flash. I currently have an iriver H120 hooked up to a Portaphile V2 Maxxed via line out. It sounds great, but it's big and not super safe when portable (HDD inside). I'm tired of lugging a case around to hold all this stuff.

The Future: I'm guessing that the next Nano will have 12G or 16G in it. 16G would be almost perfect for my music catalog. For small amps it looks like the SuperMicro IV is a no-brainer for great SQ with a tiny form factor. Phones are Ety ER-4S which supposedly combo great with the SMIV.

Bottom line is that I'm looking for the smallest, but best SQ solution available.

Apr 20, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #2 of 5
The Supermicro IV and the Etymotic ER-4S are very synergistic together. If you feed it music with a Nano via a good lineout you will have a very nice and compact setup. You should be very happy with its sound.

Apr 21, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #3 of 5
Yeah good luck with Xin.. He hardly checks his email, or is at least too busy to answer mine. It was all good for the first few weeks when I ordered the SuperMicro but after the 2-3 weeks he said it would take to get ready he stops replying to all my emails.

When I have enough money I'll go with a Tomahawk I think...

Apr 21, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #4 of 5
Kenwood HD10GB7(internal AMPs) MP3 player alone are well known for it's(the best)sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back