iPod Nano Case (w/ Grados)
May 10, 2007 at 1:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Shadowx26

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone, first post here though I've been lurking around a bit.

I purchased an iPod Nano (2nd gen) today from Apple Refurb (only $110
eggosmile.gif
) and have been looking around for a case. While there are many cases that seem protective enough I can't find one that would fit with the Grado SR-80's plugged in. Does anyone know of a case (preferably hard, clear, plastic) that would allow the Grados to be in while the case is on?

I've asked around at some more iPod orientated places but no one seems to know what a "grado" is
frown.gif

Thanks for all help,
Shadow

May 10, 2007 at 5:27 PM Post #2 of 14
Most every ipod case I've seen exposes the headphone jack well enough - is there something I'm missing?

I recently got a Best Skin Ever for my nano, and love it. Check it out here.

May 11, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #3 of 14
Hmm well I'm new to the iPod world but a friend of mine has a 30 gig with a hard plastic case and the plastic covers up all of the area around the ipod. It seems to work exclusively with headphones whose jack is nearly the same as Apples. I guess I had assumed most cases were like this. If not, my bad.

I'll look into the Best Skin Ever cases. Do the 'skins' stick to the ipod with adhesive? I'd like to stay away from anything stick on my ipod (ha yes, I'm picky, sorry
icon10.gif
) If not it seems like a very viable option.

Thanks for the help!

May 11, 2007 at 1:30 PM Post #4 of 14
Yes, the skins do stick to the ipod. It's not something you can put on and take off - once it's removed, it can't be reused. But it doesn't leave any residue behind when removed, either. If you haven't already, check out the FAQ page here.

At $8 shipped, I think it's a bargain and a great product. Of course, everyone has their own ideas about what constitutes a great product, so ymmv.

May 12, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #5 of 14
If you go in another direction, I am very happy with my Corecase. Its aluminium, adds very little bulk, & protects great. The case is $20 plus $5 for shipping. Also, the colors match great. The case fits my ms-1's well, too.

May 12, 2007 at 2:17 PM Post #7 of 14
Its a small place, only two people I think. Corey is a very nice guy & answers e-mails very quickly. I ordered a red case for my red 4gb. His shipment was delayed by his supplier, so he sent me a free black case until the red one arrived. Great service & highly recommended. (Normal disclaimer- no affiliation- just a very satisfied customer.) BTW- the case has saved me at least twice in the five months I have had it. Once it went flying around my car when I needed to stop quickly. Also, I dropped it in a parking lot. The case is getting worn, but the ipod is perfect. www.corecases.com

May 12, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #9 of 14
Wow that corecass is just about exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for all the help everyone, I plan on ordering these soon!

Now, a bit off topic, but do any of you have any reasonably priced earbuds or in-ear headphones (or earphones? lol) that you would recommend for use with the iPod? I'm debating just using Apple's when I can't take my SR-80's, and that is looking to be the best option, but opinions are still welcome.

Shadow

May 13, 2007 at 8:28 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by pentachris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never seen the Corecase before. Just googled it - looks pretty slick!

Wow - that does look pretty slick! I got a cheapy aluminum case off ebay for my 1G Nano for about $5 but that Core Case looks pretty good for the extremely slick fit.

May 16, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #13 of 14
Check out iskin.com. I've bought 3 cases over the years one for my 4g ipod, ipod video, and ipod nano 2g. The 2g cases are pretty good. Its has a rubber inside and a hard plastic cover for the front. It has never slipped off or even came close since its clinched so tight to the ipod. Also it leaves the bottom exposed for headphones and plugs so there wont be an issue. Check it out.

Direct link to the products:
http://www.iskin.com/products_ipod.t...92964231267980

Hope it helps.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 16, 2007 at 12:34 PM Post #14 of 14
Those core cases are really cool and look very durable.

I have to highly recommend the bestskinsever though. They are really sweet and I have it on my zune and ipod. I love it.

I think the bestskinsever + corecase would really be the ultimate combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back