iPod Nano -- Best SQ from HP Out
Apr 8, 2010 at 3:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

JiPod

100+ Head-Fier
Directed to owners of multiple iPod Nanos.

May 4, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #4 of 17
Or stick a Sony dap on the back of that sucka,.............

May 4, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol..are the ipod nano's that bad?

If we're talking SQ - then yes, compared to just those 2 brands it's inadequate,........ Samsung and Cowon also best them as well,..............

May 6, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #7 of 17
iPods are alright but I wouldn't base a "high end" rig out of them. They're ok for the UI and functionality (Touch) or space (Classic) but if you want the best you can get out of your sound, I would go a different route. 

Of course you can buy a LoD and an amp to increase the SQ but that requires spending some money... which IMO you could be spending on a better DAP.

May 10, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #8 of 17

Quote:
Or stick a Sony dap on the back of that sucka,.............

x2
I ve keep switching among sony a726, clip v2 , touch 3g, nano 4g, ipod 30gb.......but at the end it's the sony that blows them all although not by a big margin & not in every respect.

May 10, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #10 of 17

Quote:
I had the 1st gen, now 2nd and 5th. Love the sound. Would not change it for Sony or Sansa.

Hi gilency
Was curious about the sq of nano 5g, is it any better than 4g. Can you give a brief comparison btw nano 5g & touch 3g/2g.........just in case if u have heard both. I m kinda thinking of selling my touch 3g to get either nano 5g or classic 160gb

May 10, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #11 of 17
I am seriously disappointed with the SQ of my nano 3G's HO. Honestly, my obscure NaNite N1 sounds better to me. That's a highly subjective thing of course, but the nano seems pretty dark and muddy to me in comparison. I'm gonna have to get a Sansa Clip+ asap!

May 10, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #12 of 17

Quote:
I am seriously disappointed with the SQ of my nano 3G's HO. Honestly, my obscure NaNite N1 sounds better to me. That's a highly subjective thing of course, but the nano seems pretty dark and muddy to me in comparison. I'm gonna have to get a Sansa Clip+ asap!

You should; it's a really good player. 

May 10, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #13 of 17
I have a 3G (I think) Nano.  My Sony Ericsson cell phone is a better sounding audio player than the Nano!

May 10, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #14 of 17

Quote:
iPods are alright but I wouldn't base a "high end" rig out of them. They're ok for the UI and functionality (Touch) or space (Classic) but if you want the best you can get out of your sound, I would go a different route. 

Of course you can buy a LoD and an amp to increase the SQ but that requires spending some money... which IMO you could be spending on a better DAP.

Well what about the imods and vcaps. Of course I haven't heard an ipod since 5.5G but they weren't that bad really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back