Ipod Nano 6th gen in short,very short ;)
Mar 26, 2011 at 2:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

AudioTroll

100+ Head-Fier
after 4 (!) returned D2´s I broke down..
bougth a Ipod..my soul died a little yeasterday...

never had anything positive to say about Ipod exept mabye design wise,theyre clean looking.
but spent a few hours whit a friends and I´m sold.. :frowning2:

not the best sounding,but good enough,not the best battery, but good enough.....
not the..
yeah..you get where I´m going..

so in short, I´m in love and it hurts.. :wink:
Itunes still suck, but the player :D
sits on the wrist unnoticed and doubbles as a watch.

I´m so satisfied it hurts,I dont wanna like Ipod!!

just had to write of some shame :wink:

Mar 26, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #2 of 22

Quote:
after 4 (!) returned D2´s I broke down..
bougth a Ipod..my soul died a little yeasterday...

never had anything positive to say about Ipod exept mabye design wise,theyre clean looking.
but spent a few hours whit a friends and I´m sold.. :frowning2:

not the best sounding,but good enough,not the best battery, but good enough.....
not the..
yeah..you get where I´m going..

so in short, I´m in love and it hurts.. :wink:
Itunes still suck, but the player :D
sits on the wrist unnoticed and doubbles as a watch.

I´m so satisfied it hurts,I dont wanna like Ipod!!

just had to write of some shame :wink:

Hey Troll, I promise you if you would just get over your ipod complex, the Nano 6 will sound even better 
biggrin.gif
.  Hmn, come to think about it, it may even worth a couple of session with a shrink to work that out of your system.  It's worth it, jk 
wink.gif

Mar 27, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #3 of 22
Guilty! I've also got one of those 6th gen nanos...
The sound quality seems to have improved over the older ipods.
It's really hard to beat the size / ok battery life / usability of the 6th gen nano.

But I did get my Cowon J3 yesterday and oh god it sounds so so much better.

Mar 27, 2011 at 8:58 AM Post #4 of 22
And Apple did all of us Nano 6G owners a HUGE SOLID when they added a firmware update to allow the user to turn the ipod off.  That has increased battery life by leaps and bounds!!  The only thing you can't do with this player is spend a lot of times flipping through menus.  It will drain the battery pretty quickly.

Mar 27, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #5 of 22

Quote:
And Apple did all of us Nano 6G owners a HUGE SOLID when they added a firmware update to allow the user to turn the ipod off.  That has increased battery life by leaps and bounds!!  The only thing you can't do with this player is spend a lot of times flipping through menus.  It will drain the battery pretty quickly.

+1!!!!!!

The not turning off thing was a BIG FAIL!
they also fixed the not syncing playlist issue and some others

Mar 27, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #6 of 22
Totally disagree with the OP on the sonics - I absolutely would *not* describe the 6G Nano as 'not the best sounding', and I spent a long time telling anyone who would listen that nothing came close to my X1060 for SQ. The amp in the Sony still sets it apart from the competition, but I believe that Apple finally got the sound right on the Nano after many years. Too many years.

Mar 28, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #7 of 22
the clock is the best part :p I´ve not missed an appointment yet :) :p

still like cowon sound better, but for the kind of use I do,it´s beaten.for use of ease and size and such.

Mar 30, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #8 of 22
I'm thinking about nabbing one just for an ultraportable set-up. Like...Nano 6G > E5 > PK1...Aww yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.

Mar 30, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #9 of 22
It's really hard to beat the size / ok battery life / usability of the 6th gen nano.

I have a 6G Nano and a J3 as well. I still tend to use the Nano more as it is more convenient. The J3 does sound better though thanks to the BBE and EQ. No LOD though so When I amp the Ipod gets the nod.

6G sounds a lot better than previous gen nanos.

Mar 30, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #10 of 22
I still carry an amp for my J3 for the more precise volume control. That's the one thing I hate about the J3. The jumps are HUGE from even a single number increase on the J3.

EDIT: Plus, depending on the amp it colors the sound quite nicely without a bunch of EQ tweaking to get it that way.
Quote:
Quote:

I have a 6G Nano and a J3 as well. I still tend to use the Nano more as it is more convenient. The J3 does sound better though thanks to the BBE and EQ. No LOD though so When I amp the Ipod gets the nod.

6G sounds a lot better than previous gen nanos.

Mar 30, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #11 of 22
I'll probably start carrying the 6th gen Nano when I get an amp. It'll pretty much be the same thing as carrying around just the amp at that point.
maybe some manufacturers could sell a different housing where the nano sits flush and the LOD cable can be routed internally and kind of have a "socket" to plug into.
THAT would be a nice portable setup!!!

Quote:
I still carry an amp for my J3 for the more precise volume control. That's the one thing I hate about the J3. The jumps are HUGE from even a single number increase on the J3.

EDIT: Plus, depending on the amp it colors the sound quite nicely without a bunch of EQ tweaking to get it that way.

Mar 30, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #12 of 22
Sounds like a DIY project for the ages. Maybe not an amp with a built in place for it...How about just a super low profile case that fits it all around the amp? Because it's so small, I think it would be legit.

Quote:
I'll probably start carrying the 6th gen Nano when I get an amp. It'll pretty much be the same thing as carrying around just the amp at that point.
maybe some manufacturers could sell a different housing where the nano sits flush and the LOD cable can be routed internally and kind of have a "socket" to plug into.
THAT would be a nice portable setup!!!

Mar 30, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #15 of 22
Yep, that's pretty much where I was going with that. case / replaceable top shell etc. that would integrate it all into one.

Quote:
Sounds like a DIY project for the ages. Maybe not an amp with a built in place for it...How about just a super low profile case that fits it all around the amp? Because it's so small, I think it would be legit.

and as far as the radio goes, it works pretty well and is fairly feature rich.  "live pause" feature, save stations, local scan, and it even saves song tags for those favorite songs that come on if you choose.
but it is a radio so don't expect high quality sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back