Ipod nano 4G vs Sansa fuze
Sep 18, 2008 at 2:11 PM Post #16 of 26
Alright. I just gotten my sansa fuze today.

I've chosen functionality over style and i am pretty happy with my purchase.

I also got the crossroads mylarone bijou together with it.

Pretty happy
biggrin.gif

Sep 18, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by jack112 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright. I just gotten my sansa fuze today.

I've chosen functionality over style and i am pretty happy with my purchase.

I also got the crossroads mylarone bijou together with it.

Pretty happy
biggrin.gif

Good choice, Functionality > Looks in my opinion (though I'll be biased on color),
I barely look at my mp3 player anyways except for when I'm looking for a song

Sep 18, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #18 of 26
Am I the only one who thinks the Ipod nano 's looks has got worse and worse with each generation? When I saw the 'is this the latest ipod' pics for the 4G, I thought; no way, thats clearly a cheap chinese copy.

Sep 18, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #21 of 26
i think the nano has amazing functionality: codec support is other than ALAC, non proprietary, has full industry support, gapless playback, much longer battery life (don't believe only 24 hours - my 3g has never seen under 28 hours and often tops up at a straight playback of 33 or 34), has great video format support (again standards based vs proprietary).

it also has a massive amount of add-ons if you are into that. the ipod no matter that no one here seems to think sounds good for whatever reason, does indeed sound good. if packaged or marketed as an audiophile device, im sure we would all rave over them.

as for looks: i find the fuze similar enough to the nano to not be ugly at all just not sexy. the ui: well, it is not top notch but definately better than others i have used.

price seems okay too but with new lower price on the nano, i really don't see how just an expandable memory as well as fm tuner are really worth investing in.

i have the sony 828: no radio same as the nano but unlike the nano what it has is hiss, and loads of it. it sounds good and looks very nice but is it ever loud. eq is decent on it but not great but at least it works versus ipod.

Sep 25, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #22 of 26
i think fuze looks good, especially with a ksc75
biggrin.gif
nano is too much hyped, ipod is..

how does it par with e280? as far as SQ and UI are concerned

Oct 31, 2008 at 11:47 AM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by siresmith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I the only one who thinks the Ipod nano 's looks has got worse and worse with each generation?

I feel the same way too. Apple's marketing really has brainwashed everyone. At the very least the Fuze's physical wheel is superior to the Nano's click wheel.

Nov 2, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by siresmith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I the only one who thinks the Ipod nano 's looks has got worse and worse with each generation? When I saw the 'is this the latest ipod' pics for the 4G, I thought; no way, thats clearly a cheap chinese copy.

Yeah I find the 1st and 2nd gen the best-looking. The chubby one was sort of cute but didn't grow on me. The new one looks like nothing more than a toy, although it really looked great in the pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back