Ipod Nano 4G Sound Problems
Oct 31, 2008 at 1:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tk1989

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, im new to this forum. Been reading a fair bit, and thought id join up! but anyways, back to the point of the thread.

I bought an Ipod Nano 8GB 4G yesterday, and i cannot say i am too impressed. I've read a number of threads on here and people have been praising it quite a lot, but i just hear a lot of clipping, especially on bass heavy tracks.

I am using a pair of Shure e2c's; They're not the best headphones in the world, but their not bad, they were doing great on my Zune, which sounded fine. However, as soon as i bought my Ipod and plugged them in and played some pendulum i just heard loads of bass distortion. I tried on the default equaliser setting, and its not too bad, the distortion is fairly minimal (it could just be my mind thinking it up), but as soon as i change the EQ to anything else which in any way slightly increases the bass the sound becomes intolerable. Its not just bass heavy songs, its most of them, rock, dance, pop, everything.

Could i have a default unit or something? anyone else had similar distortion problems?

Dec 3, 2008 at 12:31 PM Post #4 of 4
hi everyone.

i use ipod nano 2g, i got some problem, after bought.
probably it`s not problem, if u need information search in google "ipod sound distortion". I use mp3gain for sound normalization, everything is ok, i have very deep bass in my ipod nano.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back