Ipod Nano 3g line-out, any good?
Mar 5, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #17 of 25
Well,

I think the touch sounds a bit better detailled and better defined.
The Classic sounds more ''fun''. It's not as detailled and seems to miss some ''layers'' in the music that the touch does have. Also, the sound of the classic seems more forward. Almost like there's a loudness function on the classic.

Both sound very nice though. I'm very happy with them both.

This is for the HP out. From the line-out the touch still is a bit more layered but essentially the same.

greetz

Mar 5, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #18 of 25
Oh yeah, seems that i have made my decision. Sry for my wallet
biggrin.gif

ricthaman, i see you own a mz-rh1. Pretty darn good sounding thingy ... but not that good regarding playback comfort. I had one too before i got my classic
smily_headphones1.gif

shigzeo, its not possible to not remember this face of pure evil
cool.gif

... and well, for sure it was another thread, hrhr.

Mar 6, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #19 of 25
My 4G Photo sounds a little "meatier" than my 3G nano, but it isn't a big difference unless you listen back to back.

Mar 6, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricthaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well,

I think the touch sounds a bit better detailled and better defined.
The Classic sounds more ''fun''. It's not as detailled and seems to miss some ''layers'' in the music that the touch does have. Also, the sound of the classic seems more forward. Almost like there's a loudness function on the classic.

Both sound very nice though. I'm very happy with them both.

This is for the HP out. From the line-out the touch still is a bit more layered but essentially the same.

greetz

I agree sir , the touch sounds a touch more detailed from the LO, just a touch mind you.
biggrin.gif
My nano 2g and 5.5 and touch sound very similar through the LO- the nana 3g and classic sound a tiny bit different to my ears, all sound awesome though. An ipod LO with a decent amp and some lossless is pretty keen.

Mar 8, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread still here?

I went with the 2G, the line-out sounded a little cleaner than the 3G.

Thanks for all the input
EK

FLAC on a 2nd Gen Nano... would that be with Rockbox?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back