iPod mini announced
Jan 6, 2004 at 7:44 PM Post #31 of 257
Im just dissapointed they didnt lower the price of the 40gb at all.

And is there anyway to download the new ilife apps, there is no way in hell im paying for them. (they have always been free)

Jan 6, 2004 at 7:54 PM Post #33 of 257
not mad, dissapointed, they could have really done well with this, and instead, they've, well, ballsed it up quite frankly

Jan 6, 2004 at 7:56 PM Post #34 of 257
Quote:

Originally posted by Squibbles
I don't understand why some of you are mad. Just don't buy it.

no worries about that. lol

gimme that new 4gb Nitrus for the same price... except while Apple will keep thiers at retail.. we'll be able to get the new Nitrus for around $200 I'm sure!

Jan 6, 2004 at 8:05 PM Post #36 of 257
For $250 they should include the dock and armband.

The silver and gold don't look too bad, even the blue is OK.

This leaves room for Sony to still have a chance with the 1gig MD player, depending on pricing and improved netMD software.

Jan 6, 2004 at 8:15 PM Post #37 of 257
I'm certainly disappointed.

A $150 2-4 gb player with 10hours of battery would destroy the flash player market. Even if Apple wasn't much on each unit, they would carve such a huge market share lead it would be worth it.

A $250 4gb player with "8 hours if you play it straight through without touching it" battery is no good.

Jan 6, 2004 at 8:15 PM Post #38 of 257
Quote:

Originally posted by austonia
appple's going strong for the gay crowd with all those peachy colors

well i'm gay, and i think they're hideous. plus the mini itself, independent of color, looks kind of ugly to me. the various "fake" designs posted around the web were almost universally more attractive than the actual product.

i tend to agree with blessingx that they're probably going for the female market. something that's pretty but also small enough to fit in your purse, or wear as a necklace.

i also think the price is just a plain old mistake. better to sell a 2gb player for $150. People would've sacrificed that extra gigs to save the xtra bucks. i was hoping to get one for my dad, but no way at that price.

i'm interested in those in-ear phones, tho. if they sound as good as the e2c, they're a bargain at that price.

dave

Jan 6, 2004 at 8:20 PM Post #39 of 257
I think apple needs to hire the people who make the mock-ups on rumor sites!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 6, 2004 at 8:21 PM Post #40 of 257
I think apple played it perfectly. There was absolutely no reason for them to release a 100-200$ ipod. This new ipod gives another option of "style" and compactness without drawing sales away from the larger ipod family. Pluss it appeals to a market area that is pretty much empty [edit: in terms of competitive products](teenage-college girls wanting a fashion statement and the ability to play their 128k songs, they dont need 15gb).

Complain all you want, but I think once your false hope blows over, you will realize this was infact a good move.

However, something like this should be accompanied by a high end price drop (minor, maybe 20$)...

Jan 6, 2004 at 8:21 PM Post #41 of 257
Quote:

if they sound as good as the e2c, they're a bargain at that price.

Trust me- if Apple finds their product is even remotely comparable to the E2Cs, they'll be priced nowhere near $40 (less than half the E2Cs?). Just wouldn't follow in the Apple tradition (and I say this as a longtime fan of Apple, holder of their stock, and owner of 2 Macs).

Jan 6, 2004 at 8:23 PM Post #42 of 257
Jan 6, 2004 at 8:25 PM Post #43 of 257
heh, now that thing is ugly

Jan 6, 2004 at 8:25 PM Post #44 of 257
My problem is the mini IS so close in price to the 15gig. would almost seem like a better deal if the 15gig was more expensive. Oh well, we'll see how it pans out. I still don't see then selling a lot of them.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back