iPod mini (1st gen) trouble
Apr 30, 2024 at 12:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Taka0302

New Head-Fier
Hmm, I'm in trouble.

My PC environment is Windows 11.

When I connected my iPod mini (1st gen) to the Apple device app on Windows 11 to change the environment for my iPod mini (1st gen) from Mac to Windows, a message appeared saying "Unsupported format. Please format."
So I clicked OK to the format message. The Windows format was completed successfully.

However, after the apple mark appeared, the iPod mini (1st gen) stopped booting, as shown in the attached photo.
It may have been formatted even down to the boot img.
IMG_3459.jpeg

If anyone knows how to restore it, please tell me how.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 12:36 AM Post #2 of 3
Sorry to hear that friend, I use an ipod nano now and again and it can really be infuriating.
I've never experienced my nano not booting but I've definitely had to reset it a few times when plugging it into a new pc (only wiping music if between 2 windows pc's) but if I want to use it with a mac I have to factory reset.

Unfortunately I dont have enough knowledge to help you. I hope someone who has experienced the same is able to help more.
I did find this troubleshooting page for ipod mini gen 1 and its worth a read if you haven't already.

All the best friend, I feel your pain and hopefully you find a fix soon

https://www.ifixit.com/Wiki/iPod_Mini_1st_Generation_Troubleshooting

Apr 30, 2024 at 1:05 AM Post #3 of 3
Sorry to hear that friend, I use an ipod nano now and again and it can really be infuriating.
I've never experienced my nano not booting but I've definitely had to reset it a few times when plugging it into a new pc (only wiping music if between 2 windows pc's) but if I want to use it with a mac I have to factory reset.

Unfortunately I dont have enough knowledge to help you. I hope someone who has experienced the same is able to help more.
I did find this troubleshooting page for ipod mini gen 1 and its worth a read if you haven't already.

All the best friend, I feel your pain and hopefully you find a fix soon

https://www.ifixit.com/Wiki/iPod_Mini_1st_Generation_Troubleshooting
Thank you.
I'll check out the URL you provided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back