iPod LOD - can I have some help in what to choose please
Nov 4, 2006 at 4:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

m_memmory

1000+ Head-Fier
I was debating whether to put this in the Cables sub-forum but it's mainly about what length/type of plug to pick rather then what type of cable so I think it comes under portable as it's for this reason that I request your assistance.

I'm looking for a LOD to get to go from my iPod to my current amp (at the moment a PA2V2 though I'm thinking about upgraditis soon and I'm unsure (at the moment) whether to go for a Hornet (most likely at the moment) or to go for a Total Airhead. I've got a HeadRoom Mini Bag and everything that I get will need to fit into here.

Now if I get an Airhead then I'll only need a short cable to go from the bottom of the iPod to the bottom of the Airhead (where the line-in port is) however with my PA2V2 and the Hornet the line-in is at the top so I'll need a longer cable. If I got for the longer cable for this would the default 6" from somewhere like Qables be enough?

Then what about the connector? Personally I'm thinking of the goldplated switchcraft connector but whether to go for the straight or right-angled? If I go with the idea of using the Hornet and PA2V2 then I'm thinking that would a right-angled connector (with 6" cable) be enough to fit without putting undue stress on the connector in the amp? Or would a cable extension making it 1 foot long with a straight connector be enough?

Any ideas that anyone has would be welcome. At the moment I'm just using the headphone out straight to my KSC75 but I would prefer to use the headphone amp via line-out of course.

Nov 6, 2006 at 1:41 AM Post #2 of 4
Try ALO. Ken's cables are sweet. You can e-mail him with any questions you might have. Great customer service.

Ed

Nov 6, 2006 at 4:48 AM Post #3 of 4
Seconded. Bought two of his cables and if it weren't for the fact that I'm now poor after buying a Mapletree Ear+ Purist HD and soon to purchase a pair of Ms Pros I'd have another order for a couple more of his cables.

Nov 6, 2006 at 11:54 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the advice - an email has been sent off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back