Ipod LOD - ALO Cryo or Moon Blue Dragon
Oct 31, 2009 at 6:03 AM Post #17 of 23
detracting a little from this thread as I didn't wanna start one in fear that I might get slammed for not searching this forum thoroughly. But I just ordered in the CB03 LOD cable from iBasso to use with the D10. should I bother looking at other LOD cables? How substantial would the difference be?

Aug 9, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #18 of 23
It's basically complete urban legend about cables. Not a single audiophile has been able to blind ABX and pick out different cables by the way they sound. As long as the cable has proper shielding it will work the same as the most expensive 2000 dollar cable.

The only things you should consider when getting a cable is the quality of the shielding, the durability of the cable, the aesthetic look (if u care about that),

Cable companies want you to believe thier incredibly high priced stuff will make your audio sound better but its false period.

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As long as the cable has proper shielding it will work the same as the most expensive 2000 dollar cable.

And you came to this conclusion through a set of comparative "tests" using blind ABX testing processes as you say are necessary?  If so, please give this community the evidence from these tests so we can make informed decisions.

Thank you.

Aug 9, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #20 of 23
dont feel like searching for the articles but its been proven cant tell the difference between a 30-40 dollar wire and a 10000 dollar wire.

its the same scam as the monster 500 dollar hdmi cables that work the same as a 10 dollar monoprice cable

Aug 9, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #21 of 23

Quote:
detracting a little from this thread as I didn't wanna start one in fear that I might get slammed for not searching this forum thoroughly. But I just ordered in the CB03 LOD cable from iBasso to use with the D10. should I bother looking at other LOD cables? How substantial would the difference be?

Enjoy the LOD, look up different models if you really have issues with the ibasso one (fit/size etc..) 

No amount of arguing will convince the pro cables and the anti cables. Both of them are talking out of their wallets. And if that's also your issue, there are other good priced LOD's and cables using higher quality materials (eg. silver)  for $50 or so. But honestly just use the LOD and if you need to upgrade later on, look for different models. You'll find all sorts of LOD's when you're ready to upgrade by going through the Head-fi Sponsors. 

Aug 9, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #22 of 23
its all psychological when u spend so much on a wire you think its gonna sound better so it does. But blind tests have been conducted and the results show people just guess no 1 has a steady 80-90% accuracy identifying cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back