ipod lineout change sound signature?
Mar 22, 2009 at 8:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

j2kei

500+ Head-Fier
hi, i got an LOD for my ipod touch 2 from awwan. this is my first lineoutdock so im curious on its characteristics. i notice that when i plug in the LOD, i no longer have control over the volume emitted, output is at max always. to control volume, i have to plug it into my amp (mini3) and adjust volume. i notice that the sound of the LOD is more warm and bassy, however i feel that it lacks bass depth and dynamics. anyone have similar experiences? are LODs suppose to work like this (no control over volume, need amp to control volume)? thanks

Mar 22, 2009 at 9:04 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by j2kei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are LODs suppose to work like this (no control over volume, need amp to control volume)? thanks

Yes, and yes. And the change in sound is most likely from what your amp and its characteristics. Maybe it needs "burn-in."

Mar 22, 2009 at 11:25 AM Post #3 of 6
i would to think it is my amp that is changing (coloring?) the sound, but i ran a 3.5mm to 3.5mm from the itouch2 to the amp and the regular itouch2 headphone out sound signature is still there, only through LOD do i hear more difference.

Mar 22, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #4 of 6
i feel that mini to mini is like adding a turbocharge to your car.

lineout is changing the whole engine of your car.

both cost almost the same damage to your pocket.

Mar 24, 2009 at 7:38 AM Post #6 of 6
thats what a line-out is; its the unaltered signal, so therefor it doesnt go through the volume 'pot' or internal amp of the ipod. as for the change in sound sig; you shpuld contact awwan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back