iPod Line-Out to RCA Suggestions
Apr 2, 2009 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Dat_Dude

100+ Head-Fier
Well the thread title pretty much says it all, but I am curious if you can recommend some decent, yet affordable (~$50 or under) iPod Line-Out (or dock) to RCA cable.

Until recently I didn't think there would be a difference between going through the Line-Out and the headphone out, but apparently there is a huge difference if I read correctly.

Thanks for any suggestions you can provide. Also links to purchase sites would be much appreciated.

Apr 2, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #2 of 6
You could buy the iPod to 3.5mm jack adapter from iBasso and then use whatever cable you want. If you don't like the extra connector then there are several companies that make LOD (line out dock) cables if you search the forums.

Apr 4, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #3 of 6
I have a sendstation ipod LOD and it comes with a few accessory cables, including an RCA cable. It cost me about $30 IIRC. Just search it on google or Amazon, should come up easy. It's a little bulky with my touch 2G, but not a big problem.

I accidentally left it in my pocket and washed my clothes last night, and surprising it still works! talk about well made, haha

Apr 4, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #4 of 6
sound is a little better, not much better. Punnisher here at Headfi made me a great very small profile iLOD that also works in the iphone. PM him for a price. There are others who make quality LOD but not as small.

Apr 6, 2009 at 4:20 AM Post #6 of 6
barqy here on head-fi made me an iMod LOD to RCA for about $80, and it might be about $60 for a non-imod LOD - sound is good, and it is made with silver plated copper. Other good on-forum cable builders that I have dealt with for "budget" cables that you could PM for prices are punnisher, highflyin9, stevenkelby, -=germania=- and mmwhats. Their sound and quality is usually pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back