iPod + line out + MS-1's +...XO? ...BitHead?... iBasso T2?
Dec 14, 2007 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

drkphoenix

New Head-Fier
Okay. Heres my setup:

I have an iPod w/ Video (1st wave) amp will connect to iPod's Dock connector through a PocketDock AV which is on its way from SendStation. The amp will be powering MS-1's.

Most of the music I listen to right now I listen to not really for the bass, but for the punch if you get what I mean by that. Gangsta rap (for the DJs' beats), rock, alternative rap. I want detail and midrange. But I do have variety so it would need to be flexible and make anything sound good. Soundstage is really nice too.

I like the look of the XO--it is chic and has many controls for different aspects of the music so I figure it would be flexible. I've heard good reviews too.

iBasso I know little about and just discovered yesterday. It's quite chic like the XO and matches my ipod well with its black front and mirrored back. (my iPod's black). It seems small, thin, and delicate though. It seemed to get mixed reviews though

The BitHead idea I like because A.) I trust HeadRoom and B.) Because I have a MacBook Pro which I listen to sometimes which would make the External sound card function nice.

Any thoughts? I'm gonna keep it under 200 if anyone has other suggestions.

thx
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 15, 2007 at 4:56 AM Post #2 of 2
Or i guess i could just start with just a radio remote and use that instead of the PocketDock... 30 bucks vs dbl, triple, or quad that. but id still appreciate input for the future.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back