iPod Killers... Please suggest/review
Jan 2, 2005 at 5:33 PM Post #46 of 166
rolleyes.gif

Jan 2, 2005 at 8:50 PM Post #47 of 166
Hey everyone,
just seen a feature i really like on the iRiver H140 - line in recording...shame it's not a common feature on mp3 payers....

So many features, but i still think i like the Sony NW and Vaio.
Does anyone have any further information on the Vaio pocket? I'm planning to get my ass down to my local pc shop for info on this bad boy.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Also, anyone who owns a Sony Vaio, could you maybe write a mini review? The net is really lacking such a review.

- Xell

Jan 2, 2005 at 10:22 PM Post #48 of 166
For you,Creative Zen Touch is best choice...
great SQ,great autonomy,good design and low prize...better than IPOD in every part...
I had many HDD players and own only two now : Zen Touch 40 Go and Sony NW-HD1 (for portability)...

Jan 2, 2005 at 11:28 PM Post #49 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocovitsch
great SQ,great autonomy,good design and low prize...better than IPOD in every part...
I had many HDD players and own only two now : Zen Touch 40 Go and Sony NW-HD1 (for portability)...

Generally, the creative players are said to have horrible software.

iTunes, I don't hear any complaints.

Jan 2, 2005 at 11:40 PM Post #50 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by elvergun
You seem to be on an iPod crushing campaign. Wherever there is a thread that mentions the iPod, there you are pointing out its “shortcomings”. It’s a dirty job, but I guess somebody has to it…huh?

Well, if the iPod is not the player for everyone and their mother…what would you suggest we buy? Do let us know ASAP so we can rush out an buy it. Please do enlighten the poor misguided souls on this site who bought into that “Apple marketing”.

LOL. Where have I said any shortcomings at all? I specifically said that the Ipod was great product. I don't understand what has got your panties in a twist.
confused.gif

Jan 3, 2005 at 12:29 AM Post #52 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenScrtchBoy
Generally, the creative players are said to have horrible software.

iTunes, I don't hear any complaints.

No...Sony has horrible software : eg SonicStage...But Creative's "Mediasource" is a very good and ergonomic program...

Jan 3, 2005 at 1:28 AM Post #53 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocovitsch

The Zen Touch is pretty big compared to the Ipod so I wouldn't say it beats it in all respects.

Jan 3, 2005 at 8:02 AM Post #54 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna
The Zen Touch is pretty big compared to the Ipod so I wouldn't say it beats it in all respects.

"Pretty Big"? Its the same volume as my wallet, and the battery is obviously bigger for about 2x the battery life. I have yet to find a place i want to put it that it doesn't fit, but the iPod would.

Jan 3, 2005 at 8:54 AM Post #55 of 166
xell, from your list I personally would choose the H320...it seems to satisfy all of your needs pretty well.

I've had good luck with iriver stuff, and I will continue to buy iriver products in the future should the need arise.

BTW, I think the remote control for the H series is now optional. I recently grabbed an ihp-120 (for a nice price) which comes with a remote as standard equipment...and for my usage, the remote is a must-have item. I throw my player & headamp in my backpack & pocket the remote for track switching & volume control. Anyway, this works for me.

I've never tried an ipod (and never will) because I've always hated all things Apple [size=xx-small]<ducks & covers>[/size]. I mean...I'm sure the ipod is a pretty nice unit, but why would I want the same hd mp3 player that like 10 million other people have?
icon10.gif

Peace,

Graz

Jan 3, 2005 at 10:01 AM Post #56 of 166
yeah im anti-apple myself

If i was going to get an mp3 player it would probably be a Rio Karma or the H120 or 320.

Still I prefer the CD walkman, CD Quality > Mp3
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 3, 2005 at 10:22 AM Post #58 of 166
Does anyone have any experience of the Archos Gmini400? It's pretty much exactly the same size as an ipod, and retails for a similar price to the 20gb model. Plays videos though
tongue.gif

Jan 3, 2005 at 10:35 AM Post #59 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graz
I've never tried an ipod (and never will) because I've always hated all things Apple [size=xx-small]<ducks & covers>[/size]. I mean...I'm sure the ipod is a pretty nice unit, but why would I want the same hd mp3 player that like 10 million other people have?
icon10.gif

Hundreds of millions run Microsoft Windows. It didn't stop you did it?
icon10.gif

Jan 3, 2005 at 12:37 PM Post #60 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis
Still I prefer the CD walkman, CD Quality > Mp3
smily_headphones1.gif

The iAudios and the Karma support FLAC(iAudio compression levels 0-2, the and the Karma fully supports it), which IS CD quality, if you're interested.
smily_headphones1.gif
The iPods also support ALAC which is lossless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back